Hi all time to come clean...

More
12 years 3 months ago #22421 by The dream
i have been loitering round the forums for a while now gleaning lots of useful information.
Time for me to introduce myself.
I am a mum to one, stay home mum, who along with my hubby, daughter, and incredibly spoilt cat, are dreaming of a move to the country.
I grew up on a farm and have always wanted more space than our town section has, and DH thinks a paddock or two would be good to house a Land Rover or two!
We are looking at a 1.1ha place close to town but they want $339K and the garage is not permitted and not up to scratch so we would have to demolish and rebuild. We are contemplating still making an offer but a lot lower than what they are probably wanting. Ho hum so it goes.
Looking forward to chatting over the coming months and years.

The man at the top of the hill didn't fall there! [:D][^]

7 acres, 10 sheep, 1 cow, 10 chooks, 4 goats, 3 very spoilt cats. Living the dream.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #322686 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Hi all time to come clean...
Welcome The Dream, pleased you have stopped loitering and come out of cyberspace into the warmth of LSB.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
12 years 3 months ago #322688 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Hi all time to come clean...
hi ya The Dream :)
Welcome to the world :)
I hope you enjoy your time here
lol yep, now you know those things about un-permitted .. go for your nice low offer :) you have things to back up why you wont pay what they are asking now :)
good luck ... fingers crossed for you :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #322689 by Hawkspur
Welcome to The Dream!

Hee hee just picturing the Land Rovers wandering around the paddocks - they don't need much grazing, (a paddock each is very generous :D ) but the bought-in feed and vet bills can be expensive [;)]

When you make your offer tell them that the garage is a liability and will cost $X to get rid of/replace. They probably see it as an asset that pushes the price up!

More
12 years 3 months ago #322708 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Hi all time to come clean...
Hi The Dream and welcome to lsb :D

I agree with Hawkspur about the Land Rovers....especially the bought in feed [}:)] :D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

• Jack
12 years 3 months ago #322722 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Hi all time to come clean...
Gidday

good to see another one from North Otago here.

More
12 years 3 months ago #322723 by bayrose1
Hi dream and a big welcome
I had to laugh about the landrovers. MY Oh has had one as a "do up project but ah hem it is still sitting in front driveway. QUIte useful tho. When giving out of towners instructions on how to get to our place I always add "we are the driveway on the right with the grey landrover parked it. Visitors have had Noo problem what soever finding us and it is good for a conversation peice[:I]

More
12 years 3 months ago #323115 by The dream
Ha all true about the LR's. Left a message with the agent on Wednesday and still have not heard anything from him. If he is selling our house he will have to pick up his game. the block is a sole agency so we will have to go through him but I am less than impressed with the service. You would think that when we had been through the place twice he might think we are keen?!!! :confused:
Hadn't thought about mentioning the demolition as an expense. I had a brilliant thought at about 2 in the morning that the iron from the old garage would make a great chook house! Every cloud.......

7 acres, 10 sheep, 1 cow, 10 chooks, 4 goats, 3 very spoilt cats. Living the dream.

More
12 years 3 months ago #323377 by The dream
Well we put in our low offer tonight and the vendor counter-offered at $9K under the asking price. we put in our best offer so that is the end of that for now at least.

Time to continue dreaming and learning as much as we can before the right place comes up.

More
12 years 3 months ago #323414 by Hawkspur
The dream place will come along! Don't worry - the LRs won't starve.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds