Hello everyone

More
12 years 4 months ago #21928 by Kinney
Hello everyone was created by Kinney
Hi fellow lifestylers. I am hoping I can learn from all your collective wisdom and experience.

My husband, young son and I have been on our 6 acre block in the Manawatu for one year now. Prior to that we had 1/2 an acre in the Wairarapa and had 2 sheep and some chickens but now we have been able to expand and have more sheep, a naughty goat, a rooster (no neighbours to complain!) and a steer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #316842 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Hello everyone
Hi Kinney and welcome to lsb :D

LOL at the naughty goat....all goats are naughty [}:)]

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
12 years 4 months ago #316849 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Hello everyone
Hey Kinney, welcome to the site :D what breed of sheep do you have?

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
12 years 4 months ago #316882 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Hello everyone
Welcome to the site Kinney :)
LOL yes as kate says , goats are always naughty,bright, have personalities, and lots of fun :) .. i have 2, lol that sound a lot like yours
Am sure you will find this site really helpfull and good , lots of good people on here and lots of great advice

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 4 months ago #316887 by Kinney
Replied by Kinney on topic Hello everyone
Thanks for the replies and welcome.

Tigger - I don't know what breed of sheep. Maybe you could tell me and then I wouldn't feel so stupid when someone asks me that question.

We don't have any other friends who do the lifestyle thing and brother in law is a dairy farmer so not much help when it comes to sheep questions.

I have attached a photo, as close as I could get to them. Ram in the front (obviously) we have 2 old ewes who are the same breed as him, they have the same long face. They are 8 years old, we got them as motherless lambs and hand reared them and they are definitely pets. The other sheep are not! We also have 6 black sheep. I am a beginner spinner and very excited to have some black wool.

Attached files
File Attachment:

More
12 years 4 months ago #316888 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Hello everyone
Hopefully someone else can shed some light on what breed they are Kinney, I am still learning too as to what each one looks like! :D To my untrained eye they look like the ones across from us, which are Romneys (I think) but I am sure others will have more idea [;)]

PS I have come to the conclusion that the first few years on a LSB its natural to feel 'stupid' as its a really steep learning curve. Then you ease into a mild state of confuddlement where you sort of know what you are doing on a day to day basis, but still get thrown strange curveballs that keep you on your toes and you need to ask others about. Never be worried about asking, as my old teacher used to say 'better a fool for a moment than a fool for a lifetime' [:I]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds