Newbie!

More
12 years 5 months ago #21818 by chicibo
Newbie! was created by chicibo
Hi, I'm new here and thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Jasmine, I live with my Mum in Lepperton, New Plymouth. We own freehold 1/3 of an acre which is cleverly divided up to make good use of the land we have.

Between us we own 13 dogs. Mostly for pleasure, but we do show them, and breed very occasionally. We had 2 litters last year and are now on a breeding holiday, there will not be any litters this year! We have 3 breeds, Golden retrievers, Leonbergers and a single Maremma sheepdog.

We are also Poultry breeders, and may choose to exhibit at our local shows if we think we have anything good enough. We have:

Silkies
Polish
Frizzle
Faverolle
Araucana

I have just today obtained 2 cuckoo silkies and I am looking forward to developing this color here in NZ.

Thanks for listening. [;)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #315470 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Newbie!
Hi Chicibo and welcome to the site :)
:) am sure you will fit in really well here as it seems chickens are addictive lol ... this place is always full of chicken people , so you will get all the help you will ever need
I like the sound of your dogs :)
Enjoy your time here .. :) it is a good place

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #315476 by OakhengeFarm
Replied by OakhengeFarm on topic Newbie!
Sounds great! If you are thinking of selling your chooks at any time, please remember to list them on here!

What poultry shows are there around here? I have been wanting to go to one for ages, but have never seen any local ones advertised - please come on and let us know if there is one in North Taranaki. I may get to meet you at one!

11 acres (4 in QEII Covenanted native bush), 15 sheep, 2 beefies, large vege gardens and a goat, and still no dog!:(

Oh, and uncountable wild birds - including fantails, swallows, yellowhammers, morepork, magpies, hawks, pukekos, and even quaill, pheasants and rainbow lorikeets [:D][:D] Not to mention possums, hares, rabbits, rats...

More
12 years 5 months ago #315738 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Newbie!
Welcome Chicibo. What a lovely selection of breeds you have. I work with a lady who owns a Leonberger. It was amazing to see him grow from puppy to fully-grown. Talk about a gentle giant.

Cheers, mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds