Caravan Life

More
12 years 6 months ago #21433 by lea
Caravan Life was created by lea
Living on the land now.
Still living in a caravan. Not ideal but only financial option at present. We lost our awning due to constant rain and high winds. It was an old one anyway. It lasted a year of being up 24/7. Started to plant some trees and have got a vege garden planted. Neighbour helped put in some fences too.
Killed our first lot of calves turned beef. Got two more half grown and 6 more calves. Have halved our goat population but still have kids to move on. We have lots of fijian indians wanting them!! We have a pond now and our geese are loving it. Unfortunately no goslings have survived as yet. Our chicken numbers are steady at about a dozen although we do have 3 broody hens at the moment. Weare getting our main paddock baled soon.

Whenever I dispair we will ever get anywhere I just take a walk up the hill, breathe in the country air, and watch my very contented animals. Play with my dogs and watch the beautiful sunsets.

Living on our 5 acres of land. Busy fencing and planting. Have dogs, cats and chickens. We also have cattle, sheep, goats, and geese.
Full-time working + plus full-time on the block. [|)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #311017 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Caravan Life
Hi from another caravan (well, cabin) dweller :D

Good on you for not letting the stress get to you...contented animals are a great achievement :D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
12 years 6 months ago #311019 by Country Girl
Replied by Country Girl on topic Caravan Life
Congrats - you can sit there and know that you are on your own piece of paradise :D :D Happy caravaning :)

Louise

A pessimist is never disappointed

More
12 years 6 months ago #311027 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Caravan Life
lea, are you the lea I had coffee with in Invercargill some time back, who was looking at selling her place to get out to the block? If so, congrats, I must have missed the 'we have sold!' thread, isn't it lovely being on your own bit of land :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
12 years 6 months ago #312068 by lea
Replied by lea on topic Caravan Life
Yes Tigger it is me.
Didn't get to put a sold sign up as it as sold 19th Dec. Oh what a date. We had 2 weeks to buy caravan and move everything. Did not get phone or internet for awhile. Been a stressful year but we are getting there. WISHING FOR MORE SUNSHINE OUR WAY THOUGH.

Living on our 5 acres of land. Busy fencing and planting. Have dogs, cats and chickens. We also have cattle, sheep, goats, and geese.
Full-time working + plus full-time on the block. [|)]

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds