New To LSB in Northland

More
12 years 6 months ago #21419 by kathyp
Hi, We live close to Waipu on a small block of just 10 acres, the brood consists of myself and Hubby, two chocolate Labradoodles Boston and Dublin, two Anglo Nubians 'X' adopted boys Barney and Baxter big Billy the Sarnan .......big struggles to keep his feet in check...so all advice welcome, 6 chooks and Mr Cockey, 5 Indian Runners and 2 peekin and a three mixed ducks.....ohh and Sunny, Chops and BaBa....Pitt Island sheep. Vey new to this but lovin' every min and learning every day...also selling Real Estate as a day job!

[:)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #310861 by kate
Replied by kate on topic New To LSB in Northland
Hi Kathyp and welcome to lsb :D

We also have a large saanen who has terrible feet....so I think my advice would be not to have saanen wethers [}:)] We found 50+ angoras' feet easier to deal with than Spike's four!!

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
12 years 6 months ago #310867 by kathyp
Replied by kathyp on topic New To LSB in Northland
Ahh good advice, I guess my adopted boy will keep the local vet in work for a while longer.:rolleyes:

More
12 years 6 months ago #310873 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic New To LSB in Northland
Hi there.....just came thru Waipu Cove an hour ago, its packed to the seams, water and road parking wise......not surprising, lovely beach, lovely weather......getting brown on the hills up here tho!

More
12 years 6 months ago #310885 by BillyTheTractor
Hi Kathyp, we're in Northland too but about an hour and a half up the road!
We also have labradoodles!
I used to have a friend who lived in Waipu, she's since moved, but I loved going down to visit, it's such a beautiful place.
Welcome x

Wee Farm

More
12 years 6 months ago #310893 by kathyp

witheze;295471 wrote: Hi there.....just came thru Waipu Cove an hour ago, its packed to the seams, water and road parking wise......not surprising, lovely beach, lovely weather......getting brown on the hills up here tho!

Ahh I guess it would be bursting at the seems down there, we stay far from the madding crowd whenever possible. :D

More
12 years 6 months ago #310894 by kathyp

BillyTheTractor;295483 wrote: Hi Kathyp, we're in Northland too but about an hour and a half up the road!
We also have labradoodles!
I used to have a friend who lived in Waipu, she's since moved, but I loved going down to visit, it's such a beautiful place.
Welcome x

I love the Blog, we came here from Bedfordshire 4 years ago and love it to bits..............Tallulah and the boys look georgeous, she looks a lot like my boys!

More
12 years 6 months ago #310896 by kathyp
Boston & Dublin The Labradoodles

Attached files
File Attachment:
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

More
12 years 6 months ago #310899 by BillyTheTractor
Cute! Isn't it funny the way they lie with their feet crossed :D

Wee Farm

More
12 years 5 months ago #311103 by celt
Replied by celt on topic New To LSB in Northland
I have a relation who is a poodle breeder and I asked her what she thought of the "doodle" phenomenom at christmas lunch. It was hilarious her reaction. She went all snooty and said "we don't talk about it" and went on to say that the breeders are just producing puppies with lots of problems etc, etc and charging $1500+ per pup more than a purebred poodle.

I can absolutely understand the worries with puppy farms churning out a popular "breed" with no care for perpetuating any weaknesses in the genes just wanting to make lots of money. However cross breeds have been created since dogs have been around. You look at your dogs Kathyp and Billy the Tractor and how can it be wrong? Let us look at some of the Kennel Club traditional breeds bulldogs, dachshunds, great danes, sharpei, no health problems there!

1 kiwi husband, 14 year old boy girl twins. Gave up my beautiful 16 acres north of auckland for 1000m2 in central christchurch! Yikes. Plan to get as much produce out of that 1000m2 as possible.

More
12 years 5 months ago #311112 by BillyTheTractor
OOoo Celt - bet you opened up a humungous can of worms there! :D LMAO just thinking about it!
Each to their own I say. I know that 2 of ours came from excellent breeders and the other was a rescue and tbh I actually think shes got wolfhound in her!

Wee Farm

More
12 years 5 months ago #311122 by celt
BTT I like winding her up. If you ever saw that movie Best in Show well you get the picture!

1 kiwi husband, 14 year old boy girl twins. Gave up my beautiful 16 acres north of auckland for 1000m2 in central christchurch! Yikes. Plan to get as much produce out of that 1000m2 as possible.

More
12 years 5 months ago #311143 by sarniagirl
Replied by sarniagirl on topic New To LSB in Northland
hi we have a new LSB in kaukapakapa.Went to see the goats you have,the goats were huge but lovely.Glad they found a good home.Must admit his feet did look bad which put us off,he was so lovely though the friendliest goat ive met.

More
12 years 5 months ago #311155 by BillyTheTractor

celt;295747 wrote: BTT I like winding her up. If you ever saw that movie Best in Show well you get the picture!

I have seen that! It's hysterical!

Wee Farm

More
12 years 5 months ago #311252 by celt
BTT even funnier when you have a real life manifestation eating your christmas ham (btw one of my own piggies back legs, yum).

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds