Old mikedonalds farm.

More
12 years 6 months ago #21243 by mikethebike
otherwise known as mikethebike after my past obsession with motorbikes now replaced with horses!! we are english I realy dont like the term Pohms it stands for Prisoners of her majesty, hence its an Aussie term for people who were imprisoned in OZ in the last centry. We have been here for about three years now living in our little bit of central hawkesbay paradise and i think of us as Kiwis, old mike donalds because we have a bit of everything stock wise, Horses, goats, ducks, chooks, sheep, dogs, cats, birds, etc oh and more ducks, about 30 now since 12 more hatched out today they are mostly a mixture of appleyards crossed with Kaki cambles so dont fly, just waddle around uselessly dropping eggs where ever they happen to be at the time! Every thing on our 12 acres is free range on account of not being able to contain anything apart from the horses a bit too free range for my liking when the chooks wander indoors after the cat biscuits and we even had a horse stick its head in the door one day when Zoe left a gate open! Im a Mental Health Nurse and work on the community and her indoors fits hearing aids, we are permanently skint on account of having this block, but to be honest this realy is living the dream for me and i have to pinch myself somedays just to make sure! :D :D
Bin on this site for about 5 years from when we first hatched the plan of selling up and moving half way around the world. The best thing i have learnt is if you have a dream then pursue it no matter how hard or far away it might seem you can get there! and you might just find the happyness you seek I did!![;)][;)]

Mike and Suzi living the lifestyle in sunny central hawkes bay, Still loads of animals oh and we still have our Zebra truck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #308906 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Old mikedonalds farm.
Me Da was one and he said "there are poms and there are English" and the poms should go back where they came from(the ones that keep saying "back there") and such like and I agree others like him and me father in law loved it all here

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
12 years 5 months ago #310910 by kathyp
Replied by kathyp on topic Old mikedonalds farm.

sod;293287 wrote: Me Da was one and he said "there are poms and there are English" and the poms should go back where they came from(the ones that keep saying "back there") and such like and I agree others like him and me father in law loved it all here

Formally from the UK too, welcome. I'm a newby here also, been in NZ for 4 years and love it, this is our new home, we love the space, the fresh smells and the ability to 'live the dream', even if it is very hard work most of the time the rewards are daily in the form of laughing at the 'flock'.

[:)]

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds