About me

More
12 years 7 months ago #21101 by bev
About me was created by bev
been a member for awhile now, after finding this site after googling something else about pigs, lol, got a bit of a shock with some of the 'advice' after people presuming i was new to the game. So newbie's have ya big girl panties on. :D
We currently have 31 arces in total on 2 blocks, where i run goats, pigs, sheep, beefies and the horses oh and chooks and dogs and 2 blardy cats .. oh yeah and my other half Craig, who reackons that i only keep him around to fix the broken stuff, its not true, if he fixed it properly the first time, it wouldnt need to be fixed at all!
Come from generations of farmers, always been on the land, infact me in a skirt, high heels and makeup is like seeing rocking horse sh!t, non exsistant.
Apart from doing my block, i also work on a dairyfarm sole charge part time 250 cows, its works out well for the farm owner and myself, I also do Animal control part time when the need arises, kind of fell into that one since my dad used to do it around here for 20 odd years.
Before 'taking it easy' we use to have a commerical milking goat herd of 250 all outdoor system on 26 acres, so every now and again i offer advice on goats.
I used to ride trackwork freelance at both Te Aroha and Matamata tracks before a knee injury cut it short, I still potter with horses, but not as involved as i used to be, i use to get great pride at seeing the horses i broke in competing successfully all around the place, and of course the well behaved racehorses! Highlight of my horse years was getting to work at Ken Brownes, the man taught me alot! You will see a thread around 'Attention Smilie' .. John gray is a horse of mine that has brought alot of happiness to my family and the cyber family.
Have meet several people from this site along the way, and will hopefully meet some more over the years.
Most importantly, a spade is a spade, and i will always tell it so, Apart from when kate delete/edits me (hehehehe)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #307428 by kate
Replied by kate on topic About me

bev;291618 wrote:
Most importantly, a spade is a spade, and i will always tell it so, Apart from when kate delete/edits me (hehehehe)

[:I][:I][}:)][}:)]Doesn't happen often though...[:I][:I]

I didn't know you used to work for Ken Browne, didn't know him but have lots of friends who did [8D][8D]

Web Goddess

More
12 years 7 months ago #307466 by bev
Replied by bev on topic About me
Yep, was an experience and a half, especially working the horses up the 'trig' Also doing tendon implants, they were good too assist in.
Did you also know i was Cive Daltons favourite student???? LOL well probably not, but probably the lippy-ist :-)
I started at 12 at my first racing stables, and they were english trainers, lots of walking etc and in the afternoons, Lots of groomings!!! At Kens, it was explained in the first day 'pretty horses dont win races' Although Baz Dowling use to come every Friday to straighten out all the kinks in the horses.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds