Breeding Extraordinary Horses for Ordinary Riders

More
12 years 7 months ago #21041 by Louise W
Hi, I'm Lou and live on 25 acres with my other half, Nick and daughter, Amy.

Our LSB journey started a little over 10 years ago when we bought 25 acres and a little house in Rangitumau, Masterton. The dream for me however started when I was a very little girl and all I ever wanted was to have a cottage in the country with horses in the paddocks outside. I am proof that it is possible to live the dream :D

I have been a member of this forum for, I think, nine years and have been lucky enough to meet a number of the members and attend and host a couple of 'functions' over this time - always LOTS of fun! In my experience this forum is filled with super people who offer a wealth of knowledge on a breadth of subjects.

If you would like to learn more about what it is that we do on our LSB, please visit the blog:
Talisman Farm Sport Horses

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #307093 by terralee
[:0][:0][:0] Lou .......I just went for another quick update at your web site and ....WOW what courage you had to get Reilly gelded :( & :D ..I can see both sides of the dilema and can just imagine the weight of making that decision[^] He will certainly enjoy his life to the full now...is he your *forever* horse? ... and as for Enya AKA *Final Fantasy* ...what a beauty ... is she yours or was she bred for someone else :( ????
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
12 years 7 months ago #307104 by Louise W
Hi Leonie

Yes, it was very hard, especially when I look at his beautiful babies, but I am happy now it is done and I think he will be too - in time. It will take a while for the hormones to leave his system so he still thinks he is a real man, for the moment anyway. As for 'forever horses' - I would love to say yes but only time and finances will tell on that score. The biggest shame really is that the bugger didn't really grow and I really think he is too small for me. In an ideal world I would find a deserving and talented young rider to take him on and would support/subsidise their career together. But, I really need to fertilise the money tree well for that to happen!!

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
12 years 7 months ago #307105 by Louise W
Oh and Enya was bred in partnership with Maude's owner so she's half mine - not sure which half yet, the front or the back [;)]

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
12 years 7 months ago #307292 by chb

Louise W;291251 wrote: Oh and Enya was bred in partnership with Maude's owner so she's half mine - not sure which half yet, the front or the back [;)]

Perhaps it will depend on which end is the better behaved of the 2, Lou :D

*waives at Lou* Fancy seeing you here [:0][;)]

1 Horse (The Prisoner), 4 black n whites, 1 dunno, 1 Highland Cow, No Bull, 6 henny pennys, 1 lab, and the partridge has flown the coop :D

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds