Living the lifestyle on a farm!

More
14 years 1 day ago #21039 by Leeanne
While we are dairyfarmers and have over 800a of land. I have my own little life style block around 10a. Which i keep my 3 pet sheep/ lambs (hoping to have babies from these next year) and 13 horses!!
I run a nonprofit riding group/club aimed at giving children the chance to ride and learn about ponies before going out and getting one. Some never do and just keep riding mine! I also have a couple of children that bring their own ponies as well. I have been working with a social worker on a program with children who have social and behavour problems also austium and other handicaps.
My horses and ponies: I have 2 Kai's one I got wild captured 10years ago as aweanling one I purchased last year already broken.
I have arrrange from 10hh to 15hhs 2 yearling colts.... (being gelded 9 dec) A 3wk old colt foal (also being gelded 9dec) The children get to handle the youngsters where appropriate so learn skills and develop empathy along the way.
I have 3 children of my own 16, 11 and 20months and yes they are all to the same husband LOL :D Often people ask due to the large gaps!!!
WE have 2 cats both were xwild.
a possum. (which I have no idea what to do with now she is 3yrs old!)
Life is busy but good.....
I love the school hols.... School gets in the way of us doing things[;)]!!!
I believe there is alot of eduction that kids can get outside of school!
And the best thing you can teach your children is EMPATHY!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 day ago #306996 by Red Bandit
Wow good on you Leeane! You sound like a very valuable member of your community, I bet all the hard work is worth the rewards and making a difference in the childrens lives. I have always wanted a horse but have never been in the position to have one (until we bought our block). My seven yr old daughter has started riding recently and I hope to start soon, I'm 33 but never too late I say!! Keep up the good work :D

More
14 years 1 day ago #307010 by kate
I agree...empathy is the key to good behaviour :D

Web Goddess

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds