From jandals to gumboots...

More
12 years 7 months ago #21038 by Red Bandit
I must have really been liking my new gumboots when I chose my username :D . Originally from Franklin, my hubby and I had lived in Perth for 9 years and were raising a young family in suburbia, always dreaming of the good life in NZ where the kids could run and play happily amongst farm animals with a little piece and quiet for Mum and Dad. So we traded the white sandy beaches for our 6 acre block with a tiny house, we envisage extending at some point.

That was 7 months ago, we have accumulated various animals along the way and learnt some hard lessons, I have slept soundly every night mostly due to exhaustion :D but we are starting to enjoy the fruits of our labour so to speak. I'm even enjoying the homekill meat that I first gagged on thinking of the lambie I had been handfeeding just a week before.

I must admit we were naive to begin with, and like most thought we could live very cheaply on a piece of land, maybe even making enough to cover rates, bills etc hehe still working on that one, will keep u posted [;)]. Friends who we have sent photos to back in oz are envious of what we have here and most laugh when they see four pairs of Red Band gumboots lined up at the door from biggest to smallest.....if only they knew the mileage on those gumboots [;)]

So that is the beginning of our LSB story, hopefully many more good memories to be made for us and the kids, and no doubt a few more hard lessons to be learnt too.

My vision for the future - extension on the house, established native trees, more fruit trees, big veggie garden, pony for daughter, old plodder for me, digger for hubby and heaven help me a motorbike for son!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #306969 by kate
Replied by kate on topic From jandals to gumboots...

Red Bandit;291093 wrote: ...I have slept soundly every night mostly due to exhaustion :D

That's a good feeling though, isn't it? [8D][8D][8D]

Web Goddess

More
12 years 7 months ago #306989 by sod
Replied by sod on topic From jandals to gumboots...
sounds like fun times good on you:D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
12 years 7 months ago #306995 by Red Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bandit

...I have slept soundly every night mostly due to exhaustion :D

That's a good feeling though, isn't it? [8D][8D][8D]

Definitely a great feeling! Also knowing I'm keeping fit without the gym membership :D

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds