I'm actually not a man.

More
12 years 7 months ago #21032 by BillyTheTractor
Contrary to my forum name, I'm a female :D
But I really do have a tractor named Billy.

My husband and I moved to the top of the North Island about 5 years ago. We're originally from Scotland and lived in the middle of a city, didn't even have a garden.
We decided to change our lived pretty radically and ended up buying a 24 acre mini farm with a teeny tiny white cottage. We have had the steepest ever learning curve. Here, to my embarrassment I ask way more questions than I am able to answer.
We now have a large very successful veggie garden, numerous chickens, 2 donkeys a couple of orchards, loads of bananas. Up until very recently we had a grazier who leased the farm for grazing. Due to the help and advice from here we've finally felt confident enough to go it alone this year. We have 2 pet highland cows and have been looking after 14 of our friends ones for the last 8 weeks. In 2 weeks we get our own weaners - I've asked for ugly ones so I don't get too attached [:I]

I'm sure there are times the neighbours have a wee giggle at us, but I think they also see how hard we work and how we really want to learn so they give us lots of help and advice in return for the odd whisky.

Just recently I've gone back to work part time so am in the process of learning how to cram everything I used to take a week to do into 4 days.

If anyone has a spare minute I write ( badly) about all this in my blog which is "wee farm'' in my signature. It's got pretty pictures :D

Wee Farm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #307226 by leesha
Replied by leesha on topic I'm actually not a man.
I love your beautiful flowers and your home is amazing!! What I dreamed of living in when I was single. Instead ended up marrying someone with a brand new modern home. lol oh well one day I may convince him. He reconds hes not into the lacey fancy stuff :) Thank you for sharing your pics. You're so talented with the camera :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #307235 by BillyTheTractor
[:I] thank you leesha. My poor husband doesn't seem to have much say at all on the house front - we used to live in what I always thought of as his house in the Uk so I think I probably went a bit mad when we got ''our'' house here!

Wee Farm

More
12 years 7 months ago #307319 by sod
Replied by sod on topic I'm actually not a man.
Wow ours should look like that but never will LOL toooo much mess around itHA HA :D my poor wife trys to clean it up but!!! Must show her yours:)

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds