Pumpkingirl

More
12 years 7 months ago #21028 by Pumpkingirl
Pumpkingirl was created by Pumpkingirl
I found this website in 2004 and spent six months reading but not posting because it all seemed so terrifying. However, since taking the plunge, I have been privileged to make some lifelong friends of people I've met. I've also learnt a LOT, so if you're new, please post and say hello, we'd love to hear all about you! Viva la LSB!! :D

Pumpkin the cat was sitting on my computer when I joined up, hence the name. I'm also round like a pumpkin, so it suits! :D

I grew up on a farm, first in Manurewa in South Auckland - the "old" farm is now part of the suburb of Clendon - then in Ramarama, about 45km south of Auckland City, just before you head over the Bombay Hills. My parents were poultry farmers, and I loved horses. I learnt to ride and loved (and lost) Legend, then later on Red.

After I started working I lived in town for a while but never liked it, racing home to the "new" farm at the weekends. In my mid-20s I moved to Wellington for a while, before moving back to my parent's farm in a bid to save up and buy my own block and build my dream house.

The bare block I bought in 2003 was in the North Waikato, 8 acres of slightly rolling to flat ex cropping country. It is surrounded by massive dairy farms, and I have a couple of LSB neighbours too. It's about 50 minutes to Auckland, and 30 minutes to Thames (if no cops are about).

Since then Dad and I have built my dream house, he and I have done quite a bit of fencing, I've planted hundreds of trees and adopted 2 horses, 14 goats, three hens and a rooster. I also have three brother cats who I rescued from a drain when they were kittens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #307059 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Pumpkingirl
And one day I will get to meet you PG lol

More
12 years 7 months ago #307065 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Pumpkingirl
I've met PG and she's wonderful.... :D and I've met smilie and she's wonderful too :D So many lsb-ers are wonderful :D :D

Web Goddess

More
12 years 7 months ago #307069 by Dream Weaver
Replied by Dream Weaver on topic Pumpkingirl
Awwww shucks Kate, thanks. Shame you didnt get time to meet Henry though :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #307072 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Pumpkingirl
I would love to meet Henry...apart from my own gorgeous goats (and possibly Doris from this year's calendar) he's my favourite goat :D :D

Web Goddess

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds