Yakut's Latest Work (Photos)

More
16 years 6 months ago #694 by Pyewacket
Yakut has been working on pastille houses - hollow ceramic houses with a hole to place an incense cone. Traditionally, they are in the shape of cottages, with a chimney for the smoke to escape. Yakut came up with some more original designs:
This is the Out House.

Pilot the dog is just outside the door, chewing on the toilet roll.

The back of the Out House has the hole to place the incense cone in... which sits in a toilet.

There's also a possum on the roof.

The other pastille house that Yakut made is a Thermette:

Clever stuff, eh?

I'll post the Praying Mantis separately.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #49109 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Yakut's Latest Work (Photos)
They are absolutely brilliant! Well done Yakut - are these your first try? How did you learn to do them?

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
16 years 6 months ago #49111 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Yakut's Latest Work (Photos)
They're great! Love the mantiss on the other thread.

More
16 years 6 months ago #49115 by Prim
Replied by Prim on topic Yakut's Latest Work (Photos)
Oh my goodness! They are fantastic!!! Are you taking orders, Yakut? I love the Thermette (well, actually, both, but the Thermette is very New Zealand).

More
16 years 6 months ago #49117 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Yakut's Latest Work (Photos)
Amazing...Yakut has a great talent!

Web Goddess

• maggies mum
16 years 6 months ago #49119 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Yakut's Latest Work (Photos)
Excellent!

However do you find the time Yakut?

More
16 years 6 months ago #49122 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Yakut's Latest Work (Photos)
Ah MM, that's the secret ingredient I have run out of at the moment. Time. It was H.P that set me off at his Gallery. He had a childrens group and I was oggling at what the kids were making as I was leaving one day. He asked me if I'd like to join in, Kim had some more business to attend before we went home to so I said yes!
I got carried away. These three have taken me ages to complete. They came back from their first firing ages ago and were sitting up with all the other pottery. There was a lull in painting pottery for a week so I bought the gear home and got the job done. Then it had to back for firing. The colours change quite a bit and I take no notice of the rules so I'm never quite sure what colours I'm going to end up with.

It's quite neat to create something though. There's always the risk that whatever you've spent time on might just go bang in the kiln.

One day maybe, I'll have my own shed or room to make a mess in. The kitchen table is generally out of action with all the 'stuff' on it.
When I clear a space to get creative in by piling things up, well it just adds to the mess and in the event of us needing to use the table for its intended purpose, I would be kept busy for quite some time clearing it..... to where though? That's why the 'stuff' is there in the first place. I don't know where to put it. There isn't anywhere.

I'm learning the physics of a fire drawing, you know, so it keeps going. The incense cones go out if there's not enough draw happening at the base and the hole is too small at the top.

I have also found that being very careful with which incense cones to burn can save you a lot of gasping once it's lit and smoking well. Some of the smells cause shallow breathing and severe squinting of the eyes until fresh air is obtained. They are just nasty. Like concentrated very cheap air freshner cor blimey! [xx(]

Thanks for your comments :D

and Thanks to Pyewacket for getting the photos up [:I]
It's all too techinical for me.

Yakut

• maggies mum
16 years 6 months ago #49124 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Yakut's Latest Work (Photos)
Ah well you can't be creative annnnd technical!

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds