Weaving Loom Wanted

More
14 years 11 months ago #630 by bartona
Weaving Loom Wanted was created by bartona
Hi there,

I'm enquiring if anyone knows of a weaving loom for sale? I don't want a small table top one, but rather something a bit bigger for making rugs, knee warmers etc?

Then, I need to source some training on how to use it?

Any helpful comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Alanah

Life is a gift, embrace it, appreciate it and use it well

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #48260 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Weaving Loom Wanted
Hi Alanah - have you checked out TradeMe? There are a number of looms for sale there, including a countermarche one (big). Looms come up quite often so you might strike it lucky and find something that would suit. Re training, sometimes local colleges will run night classes on weaving, or at least be able to put you in touch with someone who could help with training. Otherwise, perhaps you could contact your local fibrecraft or spinning group - always a good source of help, and they may know of someone with a loom for sale as well.

Good luck with your search. I've had a loom sitting in the box it came in waiting for me to take a break from quilting. Hasn't happened yet, and judging by the size of the fabric stash I still have to work through, it isn't going to be any time soon. But I think weaving would be such fun and really satisfying.
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
14 years 11 months ago #48283 by PeterNZ
Replied by PeterNZ on topic Weaving Loom Wanted
Hi Bartona,

where are you in New Zealand. We live in the area of Wellsford and my wife has a loom for sale for $40. She bought it for that money on TradeMe but then I bought her bigger one [^] ("Big is Good!"). It is a big floor loom. My wife would be happy to give you an introduction etc. Send me a PM if you are interested and we can discuss the details!

Cheers

Peter

Everything you need to make your own cheese at home
www.CottageCrafts.co.nz
[:D]LSB Members will get first order (over $10) shipping cost free. Just mention your LSB user name! [:D]

My private blog (Caution! Contains opinions and thoughts which may offend some viewers.)

Change the World! One Meal...

More
14 years 11 months ago #48302 by bartona
Replied by bartona on topic Weaving Loom Wanted
Hi there

Thanks for that info Mich. I have previously tried Trade Me, although not lately. The only looms I found on there were small table top ones. Also, thanks for the suggestions for training etc.

Hi PeterNZ, I am in Taupaki/Kumeu area in north-west Auckland. How big is the loom you wife has for sale? And sorry, for being rather dumb, but what is a PM?

Cheers

Alanah

Life is a gift, embrace it, appreciate it and use it well

More
14 years 11 months ago #48308 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Weaving Loom Wanted
PM = private message.

Just click this icon in the bar of PeterNZ's post

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
14 years 11 months ago #48311 by PeterNZ
Replied by PeterNZ on topic Weaving Loom Wanted
Thank you for the private message. I sent you an email with my wife's email address. The loom is quite big but better talk to her directly!

Cheers

Peter

Everything you need to make your own cheese at home
www.CottageCrafts.co.nz
[:D]LSB Members will get first order (over $10) shipping cost free. Just mention your LSB user name! [:D]

My private blog (Caution! Contains opinions and thoughts which may offend some viewers.)

Change the World! One Meal...

More
14 years 11 months ago #48481 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Weaving Loom Wanted
Just read your post, there is a loom in the second hand traders in Tuakau. It's out the back and I'm not sure if it's all there or even if it works. It's a big one, I felt like Tom Good from the Good Life when I saw it way over behind a whole lot of stuff. I have no ide ahow much they want for it but I know they never part with anything too cheaply. Hope PeterNZ can help you out.

Yakut

More
14 years 10 months ago #49266 by Inger
Replied by Inger on topic Weaving Loom Wanted
Ashford Spinning wheel company also make weaving looms and I think they sell instructional videos on how to set up a loom and such. You can also phone them. They have a really nice lady who patiently answers questions for people who are having problems with their spinning and weaving. The number is on their website.

45 hectares between Whangarei and Paparoa
Herd of Registered Dexter cattle
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry and Sicilian Buttercup poultry
Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
Polled Wiltshire Sheep, both black and white
An old Heading Dog called Lad and a cat called Pusscat,

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds