Irish Chain Quilt

More
14 years 11 months ago #608 by max2
Irish Chain Quilt was created by max2
Has anyone made an Irish Chain Quilt? Was it enjoyable to sew? Any fiddly bits?

I am going to start one at quilting on the 19th. I have picked an off white (pale cream) for the main fabric, with a blue based small pattern (heaven can wait I think its called) with a peachy pink tone fabric for the contrast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Toni - Northland
14 years 11 months ago #47777 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Irish Chain Quilt
I made one years ago at a class. It was pretty easy, once you are shown how. It was strip pieced and cut. I still haven't hemmed the damn thing. Will try to find it and post a pic.

More
14 years 11 months ago #47797 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Irish Chain Quilt
Good easy is what I need!

My first quilt was a log cabin (?) one. That was easy, but the colours drove me nuts towards the end.

• Toni - Northland
14 years 11 months ago #47800 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Irish Chain Quilt
I should still have the instructions here somewhere. I am having to dejunk before I move into the new house, which isn't started yet, but it is going to take me THAT long to dejunk. I don't know where to start and I won't allow ANYONE to help me. That would be tragic, if someone threw out something I know I will just need one day.

More
14 years 11 months ago #47819 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Irish Chain Quilt
I am doing it through my neighbours class, she is pretty good at teaching the step by step bits and providing notes etc, but I thought I would ask for the hand on experience first off in case there was a tricky bit that might fly over my head in the process...;)

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds