Decent modern knitting patterns for kids

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #484 by WannaB
Hiya, mums all inspired by my expected bundle of joy - however, we are having real trouble finding nice modern knitting patterns for kids - the only ones mum seems to be able to find are back from pre 1960! [:0]

Anyone got any good patterns that they would share, or know of somewhere that has nice knitware patterns? :)

"I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #45755 by Celtic_Kiwi
I am a knitworld gal.

www.knitting.co.nz/site/page_products/category_68/ This might help.

Celtic_Kiwi
AKA Nikki

Tir Na NOg

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #45757 by ardnas
Another option is to go to the public library. They don't have individual patterns, but they have some great books. Very modern, often from overseas. I have just knitted my 4 year old son a funky hoodie from a book I borrowed from the library here in Htown.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #45768 by WannaB
Thanks Celtic Kiwi - great site, that I hadnt managed to find myself on the net (go figure?)

Ardnas - valid point, I hadnt even thought about the library ... [:I]

Hopefully this will keep mums fingers busy busy busy. There is actually some very nice knitware out there that I didnt know about! [^]

"I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life."

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #45849 by NancyF
Many years ago (probably almost 30!!!!) I bought a set of magazines called Stitch by Stitch... just recently I was looking through again for sewing patterns.. (they may be ancient but some things never change...) and had to admit some of the knitting patterns were actually quite groovy... get rid of the nasty 70's colour schemes and I might even knit some... guess you have to look at the pictures and use a bit of creative licence...

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #45915 by Jen - Featherston
www.knitty.com some really nice patterns there and FREE TOO

Sometimes its not only what you say, its the way you say it that counts.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #45931 by Celtic_Kiwi
Thanks Jen, Will bookmark that one.

The best things in life are free!!!!

Celtic_Kiwi
AKA Nikki

Tir Na NOg

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #45932 by Celtic_Kiwi
www.knitting-and.com/wiki/Main_Page

Was arranging bookmarks and found this. I remember my husband looked it up for me AGES ago. I have not actually looked at the site, so can not vouch for its usefulness.

Celtic_Kiwi
AKA Nikki

Tir Na NOg

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #46162 by ardnas

quote:Originally posted by WannaB

Anyone got any good patterns that they would share, or know of somewhere that has nice knitware patterns? :)

Forgot to tell you the name of the author to look out for when looking for patterns for babies and kids. Her name is Debbie Bliss and her patterns are very easy to follow.

Some of her titles are:

The baby knits book : the ultimate collection of knitwear designs for 0-3 year olds

Baby knits for beginners

Baby style : irresistible knitwear designs and home accessories for 0-3 year olds

Classic knits for kids : 30 traditional Aran and Guernsey designs for 0-6 years

Easy knits : over 25 simple designs for babies, children, and adults

Debbie Bliss nursery knits

I wont go on. This woman has written squillions of knitting books; so you should be able to find something at a bookshop. If not, the library would definitely have something of hers, being as prolific as she is.:D

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #46166 by WannaB
Thanks Ardnas - Ill definitely look her up. Sounds great! :)

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds