Coloured wool - does anyone use this anymore?

More
7 years 4 months ago #39256 by Castle Peak
Hi all crafty peoples

Does anyone use wool in spinning/crafts anymore?

I have at least half a wool sack of fleece straight off my flock of various coloured lambs and sheep. No dags, but I wouldn't have the first clue in how to sort it, so it's just had the bits/grass and stuff plucked off after shearing.

Apart from putting it on Trade Me, is there anyone, particularly in Hawkes Bay, that could use it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #503203 by Deanna
Is there a local spinners and weavers group in your area?

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
7 years 4 months ago #503212 by muri
I give mine to the felters group down the road, but it would also depend what kind of sheep it is off, how useful it is for them. They like my gotland wool as they like working with it

More
7 years 4 months ago #503219 by Edenview
I'd use it as I am still learning to spin therefore trying all sorts to see what the differences are. Bit to far from you tho:(

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

More
7 years 3 months ago #503325 by Castle Peak

Edenview;509326 wrote: I'd use it as I am still learning to spin therefore trying all sorts to see what the differences are. Bit to far from you tho:(

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

I wish you were nearer too, you could have it :D

More
7 years 3 months ago #503638 by llvonn
There is a general craft group in the area that I live in - Manawatu - a bit further away. But if you are interested I could ask?

1 Border Terrier, 5 hens, 5 chicks, an orchard and vege garden. All on 350 square metres.

More
7 years 3 months ago #504409 by Artsupplies
I think it is better to find local user, There are some online suppliers who accept all kinds of wool. You can find if any available in your area.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds