Electric spinner

More
7 years 9 months ago #38287 by Geba
Electric spinner was created by Geba
Just in case - this is a bit of a cop-out BUT if anyone has tried one of these please let me know if the 'E' part is worthwhile. Ashford makes one, it's called the E-spinner :

www.woolery.com/Store/pc/Ashford-Electric-Spinner-c106.htm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #493898 by Megan
Replied by Megan on topic Electric spinner
It would be if, for some reason, you couldn't treadle! I have one, not that brand, I find it good for winding up plied wool or singles already spun, but too noisy for long periods.
Having to reach forward to turn on and off can be a pain, and you can get into a tangle as that takes time , much more time than instantly stopping treadling.

Megan

The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More
7 years 9 months ago #494206 by Geba
Replied by Geba on topic Electric spinner
Thanks for that! I wondered about the run-on when turning it off. Shall persevere with the treadles :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #494360 by RaeM1
Replied by RaeM1 on topic Electric spinner
One of my old neighbours had one, and she used to do some wonderful wool with it, I think it takes practice and you would be okay.

More
6 years 4 months ago #518490 by Iniuk
Replied by Iniuk on topic Electric spinner
I learned to spin on a home made electric spinner nearly 50 years ago, and returned to using one again for reasons of space. If I had my way I'd electrify the mother of all off an old Ashford (often available cheaply) it would be easier to change the bobbins. The current one is an older Ashford, it is faster for extremely fine yarn, but about the same for medium yarns.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds