World-wide knit in Public

More
8 years 1 month ago #488642 by stephclark
oh goodness.. you have quite inspired me to pick up my needles again.. :) ..

I was taught to knit by a lovely lady in a wool shop..and found it was a great thing to do while watching the cricket ( actualy a good excuse to watch the cricket[;)] )
then my first job.. all the office ladies would sit around at morning/afternoon tea and lunch..knitting

but the last thing I need is any more jumpers!.. time to pull out my Kaffee Faccit book and find something suitably complicated..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #488647 by muri
Replied by muri on topic World-wide knit in Public
In Norway, everyone knits, men and women. When I was studying at the technical university there - medicine/engineering/ architecture etc - everyone sat knitting at lunch time and many through out the lectures.
My sons went to Steiner school with a lot of emphasis on handcraft and knitted some of their own clothes when they were younger. I taught them to use round needles, so much easier.
I dont think they would be seen with a knitting needle in their hands today tho, more the pity of it

More
8 years 1 month ago #488657 by Deanna
Replied by Deanna on topic World-wide knit in Public

muri;493159 wrote: In Norway, everyone knits, men and women. When I was studying at the technical university there - medicine/engineering/ architecture etc - everyone sat knitting at lunch time and many through out the lectures.
My sons went to Steiner school with a lot of emphasis on handcraft and knitted some of their own clothes when they were younger. I taught them to use round needles, so much easier.
I dont think they would be seen with a knitting needle in their hands today tho, more the pity of it

Lots of times when I have been knitting in a cafe or in public, boys have commented to me that they know how to knit. I say, you went to Steiner didn't you? And they did. I always tell them, men invented knitting and they seem pleased about that.
I think many people don't realise how therapeutic knitting is. :)

25 acres, 1400 Blue Gums, Wiltshire sheep, 5 steers, 2 cows, ducks, chickens, bees, dog, cats, retired, 1 husband and 3 grandkids.

More
8 years 1 month ago #488719 by Iniuk
Replied by Iniuk on topic World-wide knit in Public
Deanna wrote: "I think many people don't realise how therapeutic knitting is."
You are so right!
Have you seen this site? www.stitchlinks.com/

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds