Wanna see my ....

More
11 years 4 days ago #462692 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Wanna see my ....
I shall compare your techniques to the machine results while I am at the Hokitika Museum of Sock Knitting Machines (yes, really!) tomorrow (yes, I am really going too!) [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 days ago #462778 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic Wanna see my ....
Have you discovered the toe up version? Much easier than shaping toes at the end and there is never a problem with how long the foot should be cos you can keep knitting till the fit your foot! I found a book with the instructions but I reckon they will be on the net as well. And a nice website for sock knitters is Joy of Yarn. Jared dyes his own wools and they are lovely.

More
11 years 2 days ago #462839 by Iniuk
Replied by Iniuk on topic Wanna see my ....

reggit;464539 wrote: I shall compare your techniques to the machine results while I am at the Hokitika Museum of Sock Knitting Machines (yes, really!) tomorrow (yes, I am really going too!) [}:)]

Report pleeeeease.

More
11 years 2 days ago #462840 by Iniuk
Replied by Iniuk on topic Wanna see my ....

Have you discovered the toe up version?

I second toe-ups. I started with Cat Bordhi's book, but there are others, and the local Library might have some. Much easier for sizing.

More
10 years 11 months ago #463595 by jimminette
Replied by jimminette on topic Wanna see my ....

reggit;464539 wrote: I shall compare your techniques to the machine results while I am at the Hokitika Museum of Sock Knitting Machines (yes, really!) tomorrow (yes, I am really going too!) [}:)]

I've just been trying out my first pair of socks too but have a couple of knitting machines out in the garage and wondered if you could do on the machine. Now I'm just going to have to sort these machines out.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds