Special quilt finished at last...

More
9 years 4 months ago #34405 by Mich
Yesterday I finished a project that's been on the go for a bit longer than I originally anticipated. Now that she's received it (couriers are so fast...), I thought that the quilters amongst our LSB group might also like to see it. It's a quilt for our own "Blueberry" as my thank you for being such a warm and generous friend and all-round lovely person. My garden is richer for her plant gifts and sage advice, and life is richer for her friendship. :D

I've asked Kate to post the photos for me and they should be up soon, but for those of you who like details, the quilt pattern is from Jane Hardy Miller's French Braid Quilts book and the theme fabric is ... of course ... Blueberries. It's 6'4" wide and 7'1" long. Stephanie from Grandmothers Garden in Hamilton did a great job of selecting the coordinating fabrics for me. The machine quilting was beautifully done by Sue B's Quilting Service in Owhiro Bay and really made a difference to the end look. Unlike RaeM, who does stunning quilting on her quilts using a domestic sewing machine, I wasn't game to tackle such a huge quilt on mine, and Sue and her team do such a lovely job it was a no-brainer to send it off once I'd finished the top.

The photos were taken during a wee breeze which accounts for the waves in the quilt, but I was really happy how square and true to size it turned out - the sign of an excellent pattern and, if I do say so myself, some pretty accurate cutting and piecing. [:I][:0][;)]

Enjoy your quilt, Blueberry. :D

Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #453636 by Blueberry
awwwww[:I][:I]

I do enjoy it - very much!! - can't stop looking at it, actually, as it sits on my desk waiting to be taken home to grace my humble lounge. :)

It's a work of art, and Mich is a true artist!

I currently have a dozen VERY jealous co-workers :D :D :D

I very much appreciate the time, effort and skill Mich has put into this very special Thank You for what was a simple gift of some plants.

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
9 years 4 months ago #453637 by kate
I'm not sure if this will work as I'm not at my laptop so I'm trying to upload and download on my phone.

Web Goddess

More
9 years 4 months ago #453638 by kate
Here we go...
For some reason the other photo won't upload. I'll add it when I get home...

Attached files
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Web Goddess

More
9 years 4 months ago #453639 by Mich
Thanks Kate - much appreciated. The 2nd picture shows the quilting on the back of the quilt. The other two photos to come show the pattern/fabric/quilting in more detail.
Cheers, Mich

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
9 years 4 months ago #453644 by muri
Wow Mich, that is just so beautiful. It is a real work of art and craftsmanship. Lucky Blueberry, and the colour is just perfect for a blueberry as well. Well done

More
9 years 4 months ago #453646 by greenfingers
That is amazing! What an awesome quilt :)

9.5 acres with 300-odd pines and lots of wobbly fences [:D]

More
9 years 4 months ago #453648 by Sue
A masterpiece Mich, congratulations, and what an awesome thankyou gift!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
9 years 4 months ago #453650 by 3 girls farming
I'm not really sure how to spell/type the noise I'm making... WOW.. that's stunning

More
9 years 4 months ago #453654 by kate

More
9 years 4 months ago #453665 by max2
Just stunning. Simply stunning. Wow.

Way to go Girl!

More
9 years 4 months ago #453679 by Aquila
Wow.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

More
9 years 4 months ago #453693 by stephclark
gorgeous..i am stunned.. very very clever.. and blueberry, i am as jealous as your work mates, thats going to be a very precious work of art and heirloom

More
9 years 4 months ago #453703 by kaybe
That's gorgeous Mich! Well done. I nearly ended up with a part-time job at Grandma's Garden as a graphic designer - just as well I didn't, as their fabrics are so stunning, I'd have been forced to learn to sew!

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
9 years 4 months ago #453716 by ZummersetGirl
That is a beautiful gift - a family heirloom.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds