Hand cream and soap recipe

More
9 years 10 months ago #32641 by DMW999
Does anyone have an easy recipe for hand cream or soap? I have been looking on old posts here and the internet and all confusing!! Some seem to have glycerine, some almond oil, some sunflower oil etc. Do all these different oils do different things or can they be substituted eg coconut oil for sweet almond oil?
I'm going to have a go at making soap and hand cream for our use as well as gifts. Thanks for any ideas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #435455 by shad297
Replied by shad297 on topic Hand cream and soap recipe
Yes have a look in the recipes section as I posted a rich hand cream one there a few months back. It is really easy and really good and I've been using as face cream for the last 6 months or so. I am sure you can substitute coconut oil for either the olive or almond, it might just make it a bit firmer.

(I posted it on 26th March of this year - 1000 Year old royal skin cream)
I bought some little black pots from Lotus Oils and gave them away as gifts, Arthur Holmes in Wellington has a great online shop also for jars, pots and bottles etc and will sell any quantity.
Sorry can't help with the soap as I haven't tried that yet.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
9 years 10 months ago #435463 by DMW999
Replied by DMW999 on topic Hand cream and soap recipe
Awesome thanks for that - just need to get scales that measure small amounts now. Spent ages today trying to find beeswax in town. The local Binn Inn didn't have it. Ended up buying a few small slabs of it from a health shop (they didn't have much) I'll have a go at making this tomorrow. Thanks again

More
9 years 10 months ago #435716 by shad297
Replied by shad297 on topic Hand cream and soap recipe
Good luck with that DMW99, it's quite fun.
Although my recipe says to use up in a short space of time (if at room temp), yesterday I found a half jar in the fridge that I made in Feb and it's absolutely fine. I thought it was Dijon mustard!!
Beeswax will last years. We bought a huge slab of it a few years ago (I have no idea why but we liked the smell) for $8 and that's what I use, I just grate off what I need and my scales only measure in 25g increments.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
9 years 10 months ago #435720 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Hand cream and soap recipe
You should be able to get bees wax from a bee supplies outlet

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds