More gorgeous quilts from RaeM

More
9 years 11 months ago #32198 by kate
Rae says 'The horse one I am going to have for sale at the Equidays in November, the other on I have justs finished for a friends grandson who lives near wellington'

Cheers
Kate

Attached files
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Web Goddess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #430533 by Robinsons Folly?
Gorgeous work as usual Rae.

Three Piggies, Four Chooky Babes, Randy the Roo, Hubby and Me. [:D]

More
9 years 11 months ago #430575 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic More gorgeous quilts from RaeM
Stunning, Rae - such a talent! Thanks for letting us see them. Your quilts rock!!! [^] :D

I've not been near my quilting for way too long - finally got my sewing area cleared away again and am back working on a very special quilt for a friend. Got a couple of other quilts on the go as well. Who else has been working on quilt projects? Would love to hear what you've been up to.
Cheers, Mich

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
9 years 11 months ago #430582 by RaeM1
I have just finished doing a large king single top for the care and craft group, its going to be called Crazy farmyard, as its made up of 12 in blocks that are lots of different sized little blocks of farmyard animals, and barns, that were all sewn together in a big jumble, so I pulled them to bits then made different borders around them and made 12 in blocks, then put it together with flying geese trees with brown stems, and the whole thing probably breaks all the rules of quilting, but it looks really good, my care and craft lady is staying in August, so will show her and then decide what backing, and batting to use, I actually think I have enough batting cotton scraps to sew together to make it big enough, so we dont have to buy more, and I am hopeing that she brings me a big enough piece for the backing. She tells me she has 3 more banana boxes of material to bring over, so that will be interesting, especially as one box is made up of blocks, and part blocks, so should be able to rattle up some more quilts for them to raffle. I am starting on another horse quilt this time with a palomino mare and foal, and will actually use some lovely ribbons from the last Appaloosa National Show in it as well. That will also be for sale at the Equidays. Now I tell you, I have just brought a secondhand embroidery machine, so will have a go at doing some nice towels to sell on our site at the Equidays as well. Have not yet taken it out of the box, but once I get a chance will have a go with it.

More
9 years 11 months ago #430663 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic More gorgeous quilts from RaeM
Rae, you make my head spin, girl! Love the sound of your new horse quilt, and 3 banana boxes of blocks, fabric etc will be so exciting to go through. Look forward to seeing pictures of your Crazy Farmyard quilt, too - amazing what can be done with a bit of rework.
Cheers, Mich

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
9 years 11 months ago #430853 by 3 girls farming
how do you have the time to do so many??? took me two years to make mine.. admittedly it is a very large queen and I hand quilted it but even so.. you are churning them out!!!.. amazing..

More
9 years 11 months ago #431045 by RaeM1
Because we are a farmstay, I have to be here a lot, cannot just buzz off to the shops, have to be here most of the time, as quite often people just drive in, or ring as they are on there way here. Also hubby loves coronation street, which I cannot stand, so my answer is to be working at the other end of the house. Plus I belong to a quilting class, that we meet every tuesday night, and our teacher is a real go getter, and has always great ideas, so stimulates us a lot. So with her inspiration, and my great selection of materials, it keeps me going. still have not taken the new machine out of its cover and had a go, but will do a towel for grandaughters birthday in two weeks time with her name and a nice embroidery on it.

More
9 years 11 months ago #431356 by Robinsons Folly?
I have recently made a cot quilt for a friend, a koru wallhanging for a wedding gift in london, have a top mostly completed, but needs a border of some sort; have experimented with some hourglass blocks which i have to decide what to do with, and i am planning a quilt or two for some friends.

Currently doing a baby announcement cross stitch for the cot quilt owner now that the baby has arrived, and I volunteered to make some lone star pillowcases and maybe a quilt or throw to match one pillowcase that my mother found at a local charity shop. [:0] I won't be able to match the fabrics, and I've never done a lone star, but I have found a strip pieced pattern to follow, and hopefully my seams will all meet up!! Might do a practice on first!!! :D

Please note this all in the past 6mths or so, so I'm not a super fast sewer!! :)

I have heaps I want to try, and patterns to do....

More
9 years 11 months ago #431370 by Gallowaypye
Wow, photos please!

More
9 years 11 months ago #431373 by Robinsons Folly?

Gallowaypye;429739 wrote: Wow, photos please!

Me? People want to see my Projects?? [:0] [:I]

More
9 years 11 months ago #431380 by Gallowaypye
Absolutely you talented thing!

More
9 years 11 months ago #431389 by Robinsons Folly?

More
9 years 11 months ago #431395 by Robinsons Folly?
and this is the beginning of my lonestar replica. i am working on the pattern at present to see if it is going to work, and then when I am able to get some material to match the top colours, I will do the real thing. Looks ok at the moment, the point at which i put all the points together will be the do or die moment!! :D

Attached files [IMG]http://app.lifestyleblock.co.nz/images/converted_files/429767=10733-lonestar practice.jpg[/img]

More
9 years 11 months ago #431396 by Robinsons Folly?

More
9 years 11 months ago #431398 by Robinsons Folly?

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds