Suzanne's (Hestia) Quilt

More
12 years 11 months ago #28306 by Mich
For those of you that can remember back that far [;)] :D , you might recall that RaeM and I were making a quilt for Suzanne as a memory of her time in New Zealand.

I'm delighted (not to mention hugely relieved) to advise that it is now happily covering her bed in Sweden. Got an email from her yesterday to say it arrived safely. She attached a picture of it and I'll ask Kate to post it, but unfortunately none of my pictures turned out that well (photography not being one of my talents). I've asked Suz if she could take a good one and send it, but meantime hope to have the one she sent yesterday up soon.

Many thanks to my friend Rae who initially put her hand up to do this, then graciously allowed me to be part of the project. All done and dusted, mate [^].
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #387293 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Suzanne's (Hestia) Quilt
Here it is...absolutely gorgeous :) Well done Mich & Rae...

Attached files
File Attachment:

Web Goddess

More
12 years 11 months ago #387295 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Suzanne's (Hestia) Quilt
How awesome :D , another reason to be part of this wonderful LSB family.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
12 years 11 months ago #387298 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic Suzanne's (Hestia) Quilt
Bravo you two...it looks stunning.....[8D]

More
12 years 11 months ago #387299 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Suzanne's (Hestia) Quilt
A lovely job, Rae & Mich! Let's hope it makes her happy; that'd be some magic!

More
12 years 11 months ago #387301 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Suzanne's (Hestia) Quilt
Thank you guys - what was even more neat about getting it to her was that there was a recent article in NZ Quilter on Sue Burnett, the lady responsible for the lovely machine quilting. I was able to send the magazine to Suz to add to the memory bit.

The middle of the quilt has 2 pictures - one of her dogs and the other of her house, so it really is personalised. Credit for the design goes to Suz herself - she chose which theme'd squares went in which order round the quilt, so it was an amazing combined project, really.

Will ask her to zip in and say hi. She's bought a house, has a new kitten and is currently in part-time work. Still a bit tough going, but she sounds just so much happier. Has made contact with her sons, too, which is great.

Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
12 years 11 months ago #387303 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Suzanne's (Hestia) Quilt
Thanks for posting this. It is a lovely gift for someone who's been through very rough times.

All the best to you, Suzanne, and thumbs up to Rae and Mich for putting in the work.

More
12 years 11 months ago #387361 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic Suzanne's (Hestia) Quilt
Lovely job. Hi to Hestia and glad to hear she is doing well.

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
12 years 11 months ago #387421 by highgirl
Replied by highgirl on topic Suzanne's (Hestia) Quilt
Fantastic! It's so nice to hear positive outcomes. I'd love to see closer detail of the quilt if Suzanne takes more pics.

But if not...well done everyone and I'm pleased she's settled. Life takes us on a funny trail sometimes [}:)] For good or bad :confused:

More
12 years 10 months ago #390471 by Hestia
Replied by Hestia on topic Suzanne's (Hestia) Quilt
Just had to check in and say hello :)
I am so happy with having my quilt ready and with me,,so happy so there are no words,,
I easily cry these days,,think of bad and good things and jut start crying,,getting old? my age? :) :)

I am still doing hard yards,,no work and doing temps,,hard struggle,,
take all hrs I can get to fill up the fridge,,
Have a few new friends,,

There are heaps of pics of the quilt,,
can I mail them to Kate and she puts them up?
I am so tired and worn out,,just struggle to start to enjoy life again,,
dogs and long walks in the forrest is my survivor kit,,

More
12 years 10 months ago #390504 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Suzanne's (Hestia) Quilt
Hestia - just know your own strength. You went from such a difficult time here in NZ to "home", have made contact with your sons, have found some work (not easy back here these days!) you have a roof over your head and a totally magic quilt from wonderful people here in NZ.

Don't look back - just forward - and take the time to realize that you are a strong woman to have done what you have done and will continue to do into your future.

Actually I have a new expression for you to believe in "I want, I get". Just trust me that with a good heart it will come to you. Hugs from me.

More
12 years 10 months ago #390512 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Suzanne's (Hestia) Quilt
Hi Hestia

Thanks for checking in and it's great to hear that the quilt made it safely all that way...please do email photos to me and I'll post them.

Many, many thanks to Mich and Rae for all their hard work on the quilt.

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
12 years 10 months ago #390547 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Suzanne's (Hestia) Quilt
God's Blessings Hestia ..Suz ...you have a wonderful new quilt to remind you of good things and good people and friends in New Zealand ...I hope and pray your future is filled with many happy new memories in the making :)
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
12 years 10 months ago #390633 by RaeM1
Replied by RaeM1 on topic Suzanne's (Hestia) Quilt
It was a real pleasure to cut all the material ready for Mich, and I must say that the choice that Suz had made was fantastic, The whole job was fun, and Mich and i worked really well together.

More
12 years 10 months ago #390672 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Suzanne's (Hestia) Quilt
You guys are awesome and thank goodness that the LSB family have such giving and loving people to reach out and make such a difference for others.

I am a totally useless sewer and cook but hope that my own input with Suz when she was first having issues, using friends "in the know" with WINZ, the Government etc made some difference. We certainly had many many emails together and no I don't want a pat on the back. This is as I said, the strength she displayed by shifting back home (with no guarantees of it working) that shows guts and determination and that is what needs celebrating - and the gorgeous memories (not the sad ones) of her time in NZ.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds