king Single quilt size?????

More
13 years 5 months ago #25895 by RaeM1
Does anyone have an idea, as I have started doing a granddaughters quilt, and do not have an idea of the finished size?? would it be more or less like a queen size?? thanks, :p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #361189 by cranky
Replied by cranky on topic king Single quilt size?????
This is what the label says on my king single inner double/king 180x210cm.
Hope this helps you. :)

More
13 years 5 months ago #361223 by Jenna
Replied by Jenna on topic king Single quilt size?????
King single is closer to a single than a queen. It is wider and longer than a standard single - enough so that it needs linen measurements altered to match, the mattress size being 14cm wider and 6cm longer than a standard single.

Single quilt standard size is 143 x 200
King Single standard size is 180 x 210
Queen standard size is 210 x 210

Queen size can be used on king single, but you do end up with a lot of overhang - almost to the floor (which can be gorgeous depending how you co-ordinate it)

More
13 years 5 months ago #361369 by RaeM1
Replied by RaeM1 on topic king Single quilt size?????
Thanks for that, actually I think the thing is going to be more a double sized bed size only because that seems to the way the butterfly has gone. Its really huge! So will just carry on and can use your measurements as a guide.

More
13 years 5 months ago #361396 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic king Single quilt size?????
M & D both have a king size single, and from my obs, all I can say is its nothing like a single, but I would lean towards a double size without the width for measurements...

On a footnote though Rae, when I made E's quilt I made it huge so it well and truly covers her single bed, when she goes camping it covers her sleeping bag with + and when she sleeps over somewhere it goes along and wraps her up snug.

I made her quilt hoping it will carry her through a lifetime of bedtime 'stuff'' whether she be young, be single, be cozy with someone special, be married, or in need of a special snug from a mum long past.

quilts are made for history. Look at it in the longer term for the recipient.

Cheers xxo

More
13 years 5 months ago #361418 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic king Single quilt size?????
Yep, totally agree, Swaggie. I love your reasoning. Bigger is definitely better in the long term, I reckon. Rae, hope you're going to post a picture - this sounds a beautiful quilt in the making.
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
13 years 5 months ago #361609 by RaeM1
I have decided to add extra sewing in the wings of the butterfly as with doing the quilting on it, some of the pieces seem to be working a little loose, its my fault as I forgot to do mirror image, so cut the pieces out, and then realized that they had to go on the other side from what I had cut them, its still really good, and by the time I put the black leadlighting on it, may not have got the pieces fixed firmly, and I feel that as its a 10 year olds quilt the extra sewing inside the pieces will keep them there for ever, and it does not matter what happens to it as its used. I will try to take photos today!! will also do the photos for the last quilt as well. The butterfly still has to have more added to the edges, and the top and bottom, but have got that planned, just need to go the Donnas Studio and get another metre of the backing material, and maybe a yard of the mauve marble, so that the whole thing will tie together nicely. I have some lovely feature material that will be cut into squares and then with the mauve between and the mauve as sashings, it will look pretty good.

More
13 years 5 months ago #361655 by kate
Replied by kate on topic king Single quilt size?????
Rae has asked me to load these gorgeous photos...[8D][8D]

Attached files
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Web Goddess

More
13 years 5 months ago #361667 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic king Single quilt size?????
Ooooo wow, so awesome! Well done Rae!

More
13 years 5 months ago #361686 by RaeM1
Thanks Kate, I appreciate your putting the photos on, I will send more of the butterfly once I get the rest of it done, as that is only the middle of the quilt that is the butterfly. Also thanks to everyone on here, you give me so much encouragement!!!

More
13 years 5 months ago #362387 by The Kats Place
I usually buy double covers for sons king single

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
13 years 5 months ago #362833 by Robinsons Folly?

RaeM1;352490 wrote: Thanks Kate, I appreciate your putting the photos on, I will send more of the butterfly once I get the rest of it done, as that is only the middle of the quilt that is the butterfly. Also thanks to everyone on here, you give me so much encouragement!!!

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! :D

Three Piggies, Four Chooky Babes, Randy the Roo, Hubby and Me. [:D]

More
13 years 5 months ago #363065 by GloPony
Replied by GloPony on topic king Single quilt size?????
Wow! That butterfly is STUNNING! It's certainly not hard to offer encouragement to talent like that!

More
13 years 5 months ago #363123 by RaeM1
I have decided to edge the whole outside of the butterfly with a thin black, then use the nice mauve for a sash, and then have a banner with monoch butterflies, and then mauve again, then maybe a brown that is on the butterfly backing, and then mauve and then another banner, and then mauve again, and finish off with the brown, as I have to add 18 inches to top and bottom, as sides are pretty good for size, will have to see what happens as I get it done.

More
13 years 5 months ago #363124 by RaeM1
Our 14 week old hunterway pup managed to sneak the quilting gloves that I use, out of the lounge room, as I had put them in there to dry, after washing them, so had to go out and buy a new pair today, they were $18 and are called Machingers, and are latex tipped, on nylon gloves, they are fantastic to use, and I have looked high and low for my other pair, but think that Queen may have eaten them, so hope that they pass through her okay. The tart!!!

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds