corrugated iron

More
11 years 7 months ago #25252 by Hestia
corrugated iron was created by Hestia
Subject looks as if it is in wrong forum,,but not :)
or?

Do you remember those TV commercials with aluminum cutters?
It was a package with a dvd/video and how to do and practice.
I always felt that I wanted to give it a go but never had the time for it.
Now I have time and would like to see if I can make pukekos and kiwis and sheep for the garden or any kind of art out of it.
But I cant find any of those sets they sold on TV,,did any of you buy it and dont need it? I would like to do something in the wait for the house to get sold.

Yes, heaps of cleaning out and de-clutter and packing but have been thinking about this for such a long time- Yes, have looked on TM many times and with no success.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #354528 by MooandPop
Replied by MooandPop on topic corrugated iron
Roofers use them and they are called nibblers. they are really expensive but you can get an attachment that goes on your drill much cheaper. Search TM for Nibbler, hopefully you will have a bit of luck.

More
11 years 7 months ago #354556 by emumad
Replied by emumad on topic corrugated iron
hi hestia,
you can also get hand nibblers (a little more work but ok for small projects) i would haunt the local 2nd hand machinery and tool sales (garage sales maybe).
prehaps a friendly plumber can help..
i have had great fun making weathervanes and letterbox decorations from corrugated iron (the baby corrugated is good to work with too).
another way if you have access to an oxy/acetylene plant is to cut using a medium size tip with a compact but hot flame, this leaves an interesting 'blobby' edge effect..
good luck, have fun..
craig.

More
11 years 7 months ago #354583 by MooandPop
Replied by MooandPop on topic corrugated iron
Roofers use them and they are called nibblers. they are really expensive but you can get an attachment that goes on your drill much cheaper. Search TM for Nibbler, hopefully you will have a bit of luck.

More
11 years 7 months ago #354778 by Hestia
Replied by Hestia on topic corrugated iron

emumad;344691 wrote: hi hestia,
you can also get hand nibblers (a little more work but ok for small projects) i would haunt the local 2nd hand machinery and tool sales (garage sales maybe).
prehaps a friendly plumber can help..
i have had great fun making weathervanes and letterbox decorations from corrugated iron (the baby corrugated is good to work with too).
another way if you have access to an oxy/acetylene plant is to cut using a medium size tip with a compact but hot flame, this leaves an interesting 'blobby' edge effect..
good luck, have fun..
craig.

Hi Craig,
any pics of things you have done?
wonder where all those kits with information dvd and the tools went? must have been heaps of people that bought those from the "as seen on TV" shops and commercials that were on TV some 10 years ago.

More
11 years 7 months ago #354788 by emumad
Replied by emumad on topic corrugated iron
i will see what i can find...
there is a lot of corrugated iron art in hawkes bay, including a large gorilla that used to grace a building on the marine parade. i cannot recall the artists name but nice work and lots of good ideas..
cheers,
craig.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds