What are you up to?

More
11 years 10 months ago #24120 by Iniuk
What are you up to? was created by Iniuk
What's everyone doing out there?
I am supposed to be weaving a series of scarves for various nearest-and-dearest, but am actually knitting 3 yr old 's socks, ignoring two cardigans, (one a Kaffe Fassett) and spinning some grey Gotland fleece with which I propose to knit fingerless mittens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #341715 by Sweetpea
Replied by Sweetpea on topic What are you up to?
I'm about to dish up dinner....but once that is out of the way I will be working on a blanket that I am crocheting for my 1 year old. I taught myself a little while ago (hurrah for Youtube!) and want it finished in time for his birthday.

More
11 years 10 months ago #341724 by highgirl
Replied by highgirl on topic What are you up to?

Allisonwonderland;330146 wrote: I'm about to dish up dinner....but once that is out of the way I will be working on a blanket that I am crocheting for my 1 year old. I taught myself a little while ago (hurrah for Youtube!) and want it finished in time for his birthday.

I tried to teach myself from Youtube, but must be a bit dumb because I couldn't get it to work very well :confused: I decided I'd probably need to go to lessons and get shown first hand [:I]

More
11 years 10 months ago #341730 by Sweetpea
Highgirl, it took a while to get going, and also a while to find a good video clip. Getting started seemed to be the hardest bit and there was much unravelling at first.

Try this guy - he's as camp as Christmas but I found him very clear and understandable, he seems to have quite a following.

www.youtube.com/user/mikeyssmail#p/search/1/kBZNWeVmAa0

More
11 years 10 months ago #341776 by dmschnarr
Replied by dmschnarr on topic What are you up to?
Hi everyone! I study long distance with TLC in Wellington so once I get these 6 paintings done (I am not a painter) I will be back doing my mosaics. But....I do need to finish the jumper I started 18 months ago and the rag rug has only a few more inches. Once that is done I guess I will have to finally sew together the crocheted squares. Then I should contemplate cleaning and attempt spinning Stuart's (our pet wether) first shearing. Too many projects, too little time! :D
Dianne

More
11 years 10 months ago #341795 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic What are you up to?
Knitting another baby shawl, number four of the 3-ply pattern I really enjoy. No baby in progress that I know of, but I have the wool, it's winter ...

More
11 years 10 months ago #341811 by smurfette
Replied by smurfette on topic What are you up to?
Hi. We, H and I, are making blankets at the mo to sell at the market for some extra $. H knits the striped strips and I hand sew them together and then crochet around them. Sold a few to friends. H wants me to teach him how to crochet as well, one day, also knitting up my fleece into leg warmers and kids jerkins. Got to card and spin more so I can make more first. Also making 'fish n chip' jerseys for the market as well. Got a heap of sewing to do for the summer market also but at the mo just stick to the knitting as have done my back in again and have to stay on the couch.

as Dianne said, too many projects, too little time. I hear ya :)

I'll keep that. It will come in handy one day.:D:D:D

More
11 years 10 months ago #341828 by Iniuk
Replied by Iniuk on topic What are you up to?
A neighbour came around this morning and promised me another fleece at shearing and I was too weakwilled to say 'No'.

More
11 years 10 months ago #341845 by Janyne
Replied by Janyne on topic What are you up to?
Today i let my naughty meany chicken out of her cage so she would leave the 2 newbies alone, then decided i was rewarding her bullying behaviour by lettign her out to play so put her back, then she started bullying again, and then one of the newbies escaped, I have been unable to get her back such a shame, but hopefully she won't go far. I used to do a lot of crocheting but got too carried away and now just can't even think about it and my wrist starts to ache, so am now unable to do anymore ever i think. it is such a lovely hobby to do and I taught myself from a book that my grandma lent me but have not got it anymore and can't for the life of me remember what it is called.

More
11 years 10 months ago #341887 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic What are you up to?
Have begun another crosstitch birth record for my newest and final) grandson. This is looks like a chest of drawers with toys spilling out. Quite simple so its going well and hope to have it finished before Christmas. The name goes in the centre and it should have the weight as well as name and date on it but he was 10lb 3oz so will he want that recorded for all to see!!!

More
11 years 10 months ago #341924 by digby
Replied by digby on topic What are you up to?

Bye
Digby [:)]

More
11 years 10 months ago #341929 by Sweetpea
That's awesome!!

More
11 years 10 months ago #342096 by Iniuk
Replied by Iniuk on topic What are you up to?
It looks like a walk in the forest, it's great.

More
11 years 10 months ago #342242 by digby
Replied by digby on topic What are you up to?
Thanks, I was actually inspired by the spring growth and break fencing - that the dark(muddy) bits

Bye
Digby [:)]

More
11 years 10 months ago #342476 by NZ Appaloosas
Replied by NZ Appaloosas on topic What are you up to?
I'm visiting the forum after a lengthy absence! Can't quite figure out how I manage to be gone for so long...LOL.

I'm almost finished with my 3rd crocheted blanket since November, and then will be totally "bereft", as I'm out of yarn. Half-tempted to give alpaca wool a try, but will have to save up the pennies to buy that much yarn, since my blankets tend to run at least 7 and up to 10 100gram skeins worth.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds