Quilt Book request

More
12 years 5 months ago #21572 by Robinsons Folly?
Hi, I am looking for a copy of "A Gardener's Journal" and "An angel's Story" Quilt books by Anni Down. Does anyone have a copy of either I could pretty, pretty please borrow? :D
Thanks!
Karen

Three Piggies, Four Chooky Babes, Randy the Roo, Hubby and Me. [:D]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #312565 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Quilt Book request
most of my stuff is still packed away, but I am sure that i don't have it, so sorry but hope this bumps it up again for you.

More
12 years 5 months ago #312568 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Quilt Book request
Hi Karen - no, I don't have them either, so I hope you can source them on loan - just took a look at the "new copy" prices - yikes!!! But they look nice books, though. Do you belong to a quilting quild? Often they have a good selection of books in their libraries, so you might find them that way. Or if you're a member of Kiwiquilters (Yahoo quilting group), you could ask members there. Great group and someone is always willing to help you track down something. Good luck.
Cheers, Mich. :)

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
12 years 5 months ago #312569 by Robinsons Folly?
Replied by Robinsons Folly? on topic Quilt Book request
thanks Swaggie, you never know what might turn up!

More
12 years 5 months ago #312570 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Quilt Book request
I know kiwis are big on trademe, but have you considered ebay?

More
12 years 5 months ago #312572 by Robinsons Folly?
Hi Mich, no not yet, But I will look into it. Lurked for a while but it might be time to announce my arrival from being a closet quilter into a public one! :D

Current project is this:

www.rachelsquiltkits.com/wooly-sheep.php

I just couldn't resist!! :D :D :D

Thanks!

k

More
12 years 5 months ago #312574 by Robinsons Folly?

swaggie;297346 wrote: I know kiwis are big on trademe, but have you considered ebay?

Oh yes, I'm not scared of ebay..... there is one copy on there at the moment. As Mich pointed out, prices!! Just watching it for the moment, while I complete my current project (see above post). I try not to have too many UFO's but sometimes the urge to start something new is just too great...[;)]

k

More
12 years 5 months ago #312577 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Quilt Book request
Oh that is way cute, Karen. I love it!!!! Are you using similar colours? It'll look absolutely beautiful when finished, and I hope you'll post a picture. What a fun project.

After my current project I've got a large farming-related quilt to make for a friend. Design inspiration has been conspicuously absent, although I've been collecting fabrics for it for a number of months. It needs to have horses, dressage, sheep and pine trees to really personalise it, but I'm darned if I can decide how best to display the fabrics I've chosen. I thought perhaps a pine tree or pine tree fabric border, but that's about as far as I've got. Suggestions welcome.....
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
12 years 5 months ago #312582 by Robinsons Folly?

Mich;297353 wrote: Oh that is way cute, Karen. I love it!!!! Are you using similar colours? It'll look absolutely beautiful when finished, and I hope you'll post a picture. What a fun project.

After my current project I've got a large farming-related quilt to make for a friend. Design inspiration has been conspicuously absent, although I've been collecting fabrics for it for a number of months. It needs to have horses, dressage, sheep and pine trees to really personalise it, but I'm darned if I can decide how best to display the fabrics I've chosen. I thought perhaps a pine tree or pine tree fabric border, but that's about as far as I've got. Suggestions welcome.....
Cheers, Mich.

I don't think I'm going to be much good with suggestions, my colour choices often leave a lot to be desired. I like kits because all the fabrics are picked for you!! :D A pine tree or a mix of trees for a border sounds nice though.

The Wooly Sheep is a kit so what you see in the pic is what you get. No reason why other colours could be used of course. Very reasonably priced too. Of course it does cheat a bit with the felt pieces, but if it all goes well, it will look quite nice I think. Slow and steady I think is the order of the day!

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds