Looking for materials....

More
12 years 8 months ago #20589 by dmschnarr
Not actually fabric materials but materials for my mosaics. I try to use exclusively broken crockery and recycled materials for my mosaics and and wondering if anyone in the Balclutha/Milton/Catlins areas (for example) have any broken, chipped or unwanted crockery suitable for mosaic. If I could figure out how to post a picture I would show you what type of mosaic I do. I am a member of The Catlins Co-op Art Gallery and we are currently travelling about to shows exhibiting if anyone is interested to see what we do.
Cheers! :)
Di from Kai

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #302580 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Looking for materials....
bugger, if you were closer to me (franklin district) I have a fair bit of broken black/white grain granite wall/floor tiling about the place, as well as white wall tiling you could have....

More
12 years 8 months ago #302596 by dmschnarr
Replied by dmschnarr on topic Looking for materials....
Hi Swaggie....thanks for thinking of me. Bit of a distance to go and wouldn't even contemplate freight costs! :) Sometimes schools or community groups try their hand at mosaic. They could use the type of tile you are speaking of as a base (substrate) for mosaics for the garden. A way to recycle and move them out of the shed/garage.
Thanks again
Di from Kai

More
12 years 8 months ago #302627 by chicken_itis
try asking a local cafe or similar to collect broken things for you?.. see what type of crockery they use first[;)]
I use to work at our local cafe and they had all sorts of diff coloured everything. Anything that was broken (or chipped as this is apparently against food health and safety reg) got chucked in a box or bucket to go to dump.
So insted of filling up the land fill I would take it to a friend that used them for mosaics.
But then she gave up so they are back to going in the landfill... :(
bit too far away for you though[:0]

More
12 years 8 months ago #302882 by dmschnarr
Replied by dmschnarr on topic Looking for materials....
What a great idea checking out the local cafes. Will have a look over the next few days!
Many thanks Chicken itis!
Cheers!
Di from kai

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds