Making up a knitted squares blanket?

More
12 years 10 months ago #19262 by Lurker
Hi Craft people,

I've got a whole lot of squares of knitting someone gave me to make up into a blanket, but I don't know the best way to put them together. Do you sew them, or crochet somehow? Does anyone know?

TIA!

Lurking no longer[8D]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #285978 by Xartep
You could crochet them together. My Aunt made one once with the squares joined with crochet in black, and a black border, it created a nice contrast and made the end result look more cohesive.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
12 years 10 months ago #286528 by Lurker
Thank you - I'm not very familiar with crochet, but I have done a bit. Would you crochet a border around the squares and then sew them together, or is there a way of joining them with crochet?

Lurking no longer[8D]

More
12 years 10 months ago #286572 by Adey
My mother always joined together by crocheting, and then would finish with a 2' border. Good luck.

More
12 years 10 months ago #286583 by Xartep
You would join with crochet, you should be able to use a basic border pattern and loop the stitches through the edges of the squares. It might be easier if you did a couple of rows of single crochet around each square first.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
12 years 10 months ago #286589 by Xartep

More
12 years 10 months ago #286632 by Lurker
Thank you - I'll have to find someone with a bb connection to have a look.

Lurking no longer[8D]

More
12 years 3 months ago #321946 by northen
interesting......
So if you are able to knit a full blanket that would be fantastic (we do count it as 16 squares…

northen

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds