Brother KH-900 kniting machine - help please

More
14 years 8 months ago #18505 by alanofstbreward
Occasionally the yarn gets caught behind a few posts. If I spot it and pull up the loop over the top of the post and then carry on knitting all is well. Of course if I dont spot it the knitting gets in a real mess after a few more rows. What am I doing wrong. I am using 3 ply and it even happens in stst. The stitch tension number used doesn't seem to make any difference, could it be the setting on the yarn tension unit?. I must say the carriage moves very sweetly back and forth and there are no tough spots or worrying clicky noises at all. Can someone help me please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #274517 by 4trees
Hi I have done quite a lot of machine knitting previously, and if you get an old fashioned white candle, cut a slice off the bottom about 20mm remove the piece of wick out of it, thread that so the wool runs through it before it goes into the last threader before the machine. It is usually just a fibre sticking out that causes it to catch. If you find it a bit hard on the tension put the piece of candle just above the wool spool and let the wool run up through it. Check your needles if the wool is sticking on one or two particular needles make sure there is nothing like a little burr on the metal that is causing the sticking. Can't think of much else it could be.
Cheers.

Cheers
http:treeandshrub.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds