Ideas please

More
13 years 2 months ago #17587 by davsri
Ideas please was created by davsri
Hi
My 14 year old has to do a project for enterprise studies. He and a classmate have to make something and sell them at school one evening. There will be just his class mates and their parents as buyers. Any ideas on what he could make? It should not cost much to make; the price should not be more than 15-20 dollars and should not take much time to make. He is not allowed to sell food or food products. A tall order I know but I really need some ideas please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #261346 by foufee
Replied by foufee on topic Ideas please
wind chimes or rock garden ornament - ok neither of those is particularly manly which he may or may not be worried about at 14.
Statues from scavenged car parts or the recycling area of the tip.
Plain wall clocks from the $2 shop decorated with magazine pictures, cars or other such images, or painted if they are artistic types.

More
13 years 2 months ago #261348 by BillyTheTractor
Replied by BillyTheTractor on topic Ideas please
Last school thing I went to had a group of kids writing slogans on white t-shirts - they had a queue! ( no bad worlds of course!)

Wee Farm

More
13 years 2 months ago #261385 by Prim
Replied by Prim on topic Ideas please
Is he computer savvy? (dumb question)

Printable calendars, stationery, etc. He and his classmate could either design them and sell the files on CD/DVD or they could design and print them, selling the sets. Calendar could start July 2009 through to Dec 2010 (18 months), or could just do 2010 ones.

Tell him to have a look around etsy. Love it, myself :D

More
13 years 2 months ago #261686 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Ideas please
What about some possum keyrings????? I happen to know where he could get some very cheap possum fur offcuts, and all the instructions needed to make said keyrings [;)][;)][;)]

More
13 years 2 months ago #261780 by davsri
Replied by davsri on topic Ideas please
Thanks all. Will let you know when he decides what he wants to make :)

More
13 years 2 months ago #262463 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Ideas please
14? ! was making knives then :D alternatively I have a bunch of ammo shells that make nice key rings. Pour plaster inside, gue a piece of brass rod (ballcock shafts that broke off is a good size) into the empty neck and file to a bulletish point. drill a hole in the base and insert ring. very simple :D

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
13 years 2 months ago #262484 by digby
Replied by digby on topic Ideas please
last year our son made hats with can's of lemonade attached.
I really liked the photos that were made into cards for sale. the W'house has photos for 12c, I see. They might even make a profit.

Bye
Digby [:)]

More
13 years 2 months ago #262502 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Ideas please
Herb boxes, make some wooden boxes, fill with potting mix, plant seeds. Need to do it so the seeds will have a chance to grow though.

Yakut

More
13 years 2 months ago #262565 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic Ideas please
What about plastic pots with a small bag of potting mix and some sweet pea seeds in a plastic bag, packed inside the pot with instructions and a card lid or the base saucer for the pot upended on top and a picture glued on. A friend bought me one from a shop and it cost about $12 so plenty of profit in it!

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds