Daffodil fabric

More
13 years 9 months ago #14872 by Hestia
Daffodil fabric was created by Hestia
Does any of you have daffodil fabric?
Hubbie likes daffos and I have thought about doing a quilt with heaps of daffo patches and give to him.
He has planted so many daffos on our driveway thru the years and now when we are to shift I wanted to give him something daffo.
No pieces of fabric are too small!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #227192 by NZ Appaloosas
Replied by NZ Appaloosas on topic Daffodil fabric

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
13 years 9 months ago #227220 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic Daffodil fabric
You can buy pieces off TM.
Google daffodil in craft section & see what you come up with.

More
13 years 9 months ago #227244 by Hestia
Replied by Hestia on topic Daffodil fabric
heaps of links,,yeah,,thank you! :)some surfing to do now :)been looking at a small piece of daffo fabric on tm for a long time,,they want way too much and it is just a hankie size!hankie size is ok if it is like 10 bucks or something like that,,this is the only piece I have found so far.Had a look now and it is only 7 dollars now,,thanks BB!!!! :)I have been in so many shops that sells fabric and found nothing,,,,

More
13 years 9 months ago #227252 by Birman Babe
Replied by Birman Babe on topic Daffodil fabric
What about Spotlight in Hamilton or Manukau.
They have a website and sell heaps of different fabrics for both craft & dressmaking.

More
13 years 9 months ago #227772 by Ferngreen
Replied by Ferngreen on topic Daffodil fabric
I have taken up quilting, due to a friend of mine...if you can call a friend who gives you the bug, a friend lol. I joined the kiwi quilter's group, online, these girls seem to know where to find most things. Are you a member Hestia? I have some Easter fabric with daffs, you can find that at this time of year.

Life is not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain. author unknown.

More
13 years 8 months ago #228157 by Hestia
wherever I have been they look at me and wonder why on earth I want fabric with daffos!
there is one smal shop where the owner say they have a roll but it has been on the craft fair and she says it should be back unless someone bought it. I have ben in to that shop at least 4-5 times now and every time they say they are to search for it.
I am happy for any small pieces.The one on TM wants 7.50 for a hankie size,,I don't know if it is me,,but isn't that a bit too expensive?? For a hankie size I would like to pay maybe 2-3 dollars since I need several.

More
13 years 8 months ago #228201 by Ferngreen
That is the going price for a fat quarter...depending on the price of the full metre. Like everything today, some things are costing more. I normally pay about $6.50 for mine... can be less at spotlight.

Life is not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain. author unknown.

More
13 years 8 months ago #228273 by Hestia
guess I am cheap :)
for 7 dollars I want more than a hankie.

More
13 years 8 months ago #228398 by Ferngreen
The crafty revival has pushed up the price of material...like most things today. Even the garden centres are having a run on plants this year. What about some plain material and appliquing daffs onto the quilt. You can find patterns in colouring books, and there must be some craft books with daff paterns about. Or make one of your own. :)

More
13 years 8 months ago #228519 by Hestia
I thought that I would find heaps of those small leftovers in any shop that sells fabric and I thought I was going to buy a piece here and a piece there.
Thought of using a large piece of fabric and saw bits and pieces on to it.
I am no good with things like this but thought I should make a quilt as a pressie for hubbie to compensate his daffos he will leave behind when we sell the house.

believe it or not,,been to same shop,,the only one around here and they say they have two rolls and first time it was at a quilt show,,second weekend they had not yet unpacked it, third weekend it was back on the trailer for one more craft show and now yesterday they had a sign that said that shop is closed because of unforseen cirumstances. been there 5 weekends!

• Toni - Northland
13 years 8 months ago #228535 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Daffodil fabric
I very rarely buy fabric for my quilting. A friend did give me a heap of proper quilting fabric, just looked and not one daff among it. I was sure there would be one there I could have sent you.

I scrounge leftover bits from anywhere, people who sew used to save them for me. Have you tried the op shops for clothing that may have daffs on them. I have got some of my fabric from such places. It is a real cheap way to get it otherwise I couldn't afford to quilt. I know a few ladies up here that have taken up quilting recently and they have a real snobbery about the fabric and it MUST be the best etc, but that wasn't at the heart of what started quilting off. I will keep a look out tomorrow, have to visit the op shop myself. The ladies will also keep stuff for me if I tell them what I am looking for. One of the op shop ladies has given me stuff, for myself or the drama club and I give her the money for the coffers. It works out great.

More
13 years 8 months ago #228689 by gemini kiwi
Replied by gemini kiwi on topic Daffodil fabric
Hi Hestic,
sorry I'm late getting to this one, just been through my fabric "stash", don't have any daff fabric on its own but have some small bits with animals on. sheep rabbits, I have some on the salvage edge with half a lamb and daffs in the background, the bit you could use would be about the size of a match box, your very welcome it those as I can't use half a lamb, the back end actually.
let me know if you can use them in your project.
GK

More
13 years 8 months ago #229761 by Prim
Replied by Prim on topic Daffodil fabric
Just a thought ... Salvation Army or any other secondhand store may have dresses / skirts / whatever with the kind of print you are after and you ought to get quite a bit of useable material if you cut it up. Use the print on a plain background (perhaps a cheap sheet / duvet cover?) to make the pattern up and viola!

More
13 years 8 months ago #229866 by Hestia
Finally, the shop I have been in and out of for so many weeks,,finally they had the fabric in,,so now I have two pieces of daffo fabric.THat wil make maybe 8-10 patches.
Plan is to get a better quality duvet and use as bottom and then make the patches on top of it.
I am totally lousy when it comes to things like this and thought that I should make the patches and just add on top of something.
Any fabric is welcome as long as it is a daffo on it! no matter if with or without a half lamb :)
Been at sallies,,been in and out of every second handshop I can find.

Any of you others that need something?,,since I am cleaning up house and also going thru all second hand shops around the area now and then.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds