Making Christmas Cards

More
13 years 10 months ago #14263 by jeannielea
Since its been too yuck to do much outside I've spent time making Christmas cards!! I feel so pleased with myself as I'm usually still doing them in December. Am hopeless at putting photos anywhere but these are on cream card (already cut from the Red Shed @ $3.99 for 25) and have an oblong of Christmas craft paper about 1cm smaller than the card all round (size isn't so important) Stuck at top edge only. Skinny gold edging sticker along the top of the paper and extending to the edge of the card. Turned up the right hand corner of the paper and will use a brad in the centre of a gold cutout snowflake to hold it on the corner. Then below that on the revealed card have put a Merry Christmas sticker. Some papers are white on the back so have stuck a small square of wrapping paper in contrasting colour/pattern so it shows when the top paper is turned back.
This was from an idea I got on the internet and it looks very nice. Have done about 50 and have the same to go!! (that's what happens when you live in lots of different place)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #219728 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Making Christmas Cards
sounds very artistic and it's always lovely to get something that someone has made the effort to make. An aunt did similar but embroidered a little image one year but I think only very very special people got one like that - though I guess if we have much more of this weather who knows what we can achieve!

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds