Template: Skinny | Lean | Well Rounded | Plump
Old 24th February 2006, 04:01 PM   #1
Bambifox

GOATS MILK

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can buy goatsmilk in Christchurch? So far I have only been able to find powdered goatsmilk in health food stores. Can you buy it in tetra packs?? My daughter is 15 months and has been on goatsmilk formula due to digestive problems and now I dont know what to do as she needs to come of the formula and go on to a normal milk. Can anyone help me?

Old 25th February 2006, 08:11 AM   #2
Sunflower
Rooster Breeder

You can buy it in tetra packs from the supermarket, but the taste is nothing like fresh goats milk, my local organic shop sells it, but it's expensive, but much nicer than the shelf product.

If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?
Old 5th March 2006, 05:37 PM   #3
Valmai
A Tad Confuzzelled

Ask this question on Your Place. Andrea has dairy goats.
Old 26th March 2006, 05:11 PM   #4
E.F Barry
advanced member

You can by it at the Woolworths supermart up here in Northland, and it is marketed by NannyGoat Lane packed by Waikato Dairy Co-op.There is a goat breeder that lives in ChCh who I believe could supply you with milk or , if you want I can look up his name.
Old 26th March 2006, 05:29 PM   #5
Andrea
Herd Queen
Friend of LSB

Hiya -- there is indeed a commercial dairy in Chch (well, just outside of Lincoln, actually). Greenpark Dairy it's called, and I know he markets locally. I can't remember where, but you can try ringing the Canterbury Cheesemonger (he's on Salisbury St in Chch, and I know I've seen fresh goat's milk for sale there as well). The milking season is coming to a close, and I don't know if Greenpark is fixed to milk through or not. I'd rather not put his name or contact info here, as I'm not sure he'd appreciate it. But you can find out where to purchase it from the cheesemonger. Also, Piko Whole Foods stocks it when it's available, so you can try them as well (they're at the corner of Barbadoes and Kilmore).

Cheers
Andrea
Oxford

www.tehuafarm.com
www.canterbury.goat.org.nz/
Closed Thread