Template: Skinny | Lean | Well Rounded | Plump
Old 25th August 2013, 12:58 PM   #1
Anne
lsb member
Friend of LSB

Pig worm drench?

Any suggestions as to what to use? Will talk with vet tomorrow, but ideas from those who know are also useful.
Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2013, 04:26 PM   #2
Stu_R
surviving as best one can
Friend of LSB

Re: Pig worm drench?

Easiest to administer and works perfectly is Flubenol ( its actually a chicken wormer ) is licensed for pigs and the dose rate is 1 gram Flubenol for every 20kg of piggy weight ... get a bread roll or a bun , butter it so the flubenol powder sticks put it together like a sandwich and give to piggy .. its gone in 1 bite
Totally Vets here in Feilding will sell it in small does and its not expensive
Your Vet may try and say it has toi be so much Flubenolk on so much feed over so many days .. it doesn't ( Sandy at the vets here and i found the 1 off dose in a manual ) it is 1 gram per 20kg .. i have been use it on my piggies for a few years now and it works perfectly
Old 25th August 2013, 04:40 PM   #3
The Kats Place
lsb member

I use ivomec injectable, does everything inside and out. I just sneak up while they have their face in the trough and jab ib the soft area behind the ear, done for everthihg, worms, lice, mites - the lot.
Old 27th August 2013, 01:21 PM   #4
Inger
Rare Breeds Matchmaker

And if they really don't like being stuck in the neck, you can pour it over the soft skin behind the ear (according to one of our vets). It seemed to work. The dosage was the same as you would use for injecting. I would still try to inject the Ivomec though, as a preference. But one of our sows just wouldn't let me and since she was 250+ kg at the time and heavily pregnant, I was forced to agree.
Inger is offline   Reply With Quote