Template: Skinny | Lean | Well Rounded | Plump
Old 6th April 2009, 10:31 PM   #1
Indian Runner
advanced member

Smile where to get fresh cow/goat milk around Auckland?

Good evening.
I just heard recently that it is ok to purchase 5litres of fresh milk for personal use. I would be really keen to every once in a while get my hands on fresh cow and/or goat milk to make a little bit of cheese and to avoid all these plastic bottles. Would be happy to pay or swap for eg my pickled olives or my destilled product. Cheers,
Old 6th April 2009, 10:47 PM   #2
Ronney
lsb member

Re: where to get fresh cow/goat milk around Auckland?

http://www.lifestyleblock.co.nz/vfor...ght=Fresh+milk

Hi, you might like to check this thread out first.

Cheers,
Ronnie
Ronney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 07:40 AM   #3
spoook
lsb member
Friend of LSB

Ellen............. how are you guys? Such a long time, no hear. Donald and Gundel send their love, as do aaaaaaallllllll their siblings

You could try a PM to Yakut, they may have some milk, not so much this time of year but in the season......... more than helpful for a little angora we raised.

Would be good to hear from you.. WE haven't moved
Old 8th April 2009, 07:49 AM   #4
simon@sue
eccentric not senile

there is a place on the puhoi road just past the cheese factory that sells fresh goats milk and have heard of a farm somewhere in the helensville area that sells cows milk to amateur cheesemakers too but don't know the specifics of that sorry
Old 9th April 2009, 11:10 AM   #5
Coolthree
lsb member

Theres a place on Don Buck Road,Westgate .From Westgate go thru the two round abouts and look for the sign on left then to the end of that road.
Coolthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 09:13 PM   #6
Indian Runner
advanced member

Hi thanks for the feedback. I have tried to find the place in westgate before, there used to be a sign there but I wasn't able to find it a few weeks ago! Anyway, if someone else knows of something, always happy to find out.

He Leslie!!!!!!!!!!
I bet you don't believe how often i am thinking of you and we have had several times where we came back from the north and it just felt too late to stop by but we have considered it every single time! I certainly haven't forgotten about you's up there. Life is so bloody busy since we own this litte not even 700sqm section, sometimes I am baffled how you guys and grrls make it with your bit lots!!!????
We will make it one day not too far, let's promise not as long since we have seen us last time!!!????? Not a good promise, ey, it's been some time. But yes, we will make an effort and if it is only for half an hour anyway!!
Good to hear from you, you fine?
I am not able to attend to my computer everyday and not able to go online every day, sometimes I just don't feel like computing and I try to make an informed boykott/stop o being a slave of the ever-present and instant emailing world!!
Lot's of hugs
Ellen
Old 20th April 2009, 09:23 PM   #7
Indian Runner
advanced member

Hi Ronnie
thanks for the link, very interesting discussion indeed. Not able to have a cow in Sandringham and same applies to a goat. So I will have to keep being on the lookout for a friend with a cow :-)) (sorry, I never properly learned to put these actual smilies in there, just used to these ones!!)
cheers, Ellen
Old 20th April 2009, 09:40 PM   #8
spoook
lsb member
Friend of LSB

So Ellen, next time you guys are in the area.................. come by. I am sure Donald and Gundel would love to see you too.
Old 1st May 2009, 11:02 AM   #9
Indian Runner
advanced member

Will do will do. We were almost similar online!!! I must have flicked through other stuff and missed yours coming asap. could have ahd a chat http://www.lifestyleblock.co.nz/vfor..._smile_big.gif

I bloody still don't get the smilie idea!!!!!!! Nothing changed n the past 3 years, I am not a smilie person, I have to rely on txt smilies ;-)))
Old 1st May 2009, 11:04 AM   #10
Indian Runner
advanced member

By the way, the new issue of organic NZ from Soil & Health also talks about the 5l per person for private use but restricts that many farmers may not want to sell. I will do a cheese class at selwyn college in the future and check out where the tutor gets it.
Old 9th May 2009, 10:36 PM   #11
Yakut
Neverending Stories

My two aren't oversupplying at the moment, just enough to put something in the fridge. Thanks to Spoook and L, they have some really gorgeous hay at the moment, grass not growing much at all. They absolutely refuse to get wet so with this rain, they are hiding out in the shelters and getting niggly with each other, shelter fever? Someone gets a belt just cos they looked at someone else funny, you know, the same sort of tigging that goes on in a schoolground.

As usual, the ground around their shelter is turning to lumpy custard and they don't want to stand on the paving stones I've put down!!!!

Hopefully Hanukkah and Cricket are in kid although I have my doubts about Cricket. Personally I'm wondering if she's taken the oath of celibacy. 45 days with three different bucks and she was showing signs of being in season but who knows, maybe she was just trying to throw her weight around.

It'll be a first time at milking for them if they do produce a kid or two each, who knows how much. I'll be sorely peeved if neither of them are in kid. Ruddy hussies.

Yakut