Template: Skinny | Lean | Well Rounded | Plump
Old 6th May 2012, 03:17 PM   #1
TandS
lsb member

Geese

Hi,

Got an old stack of Growing Today and LSB discard mags from the library the other day, and reading through one from 1997 about ducks and geese, I found they said we have Toulouse and Embden geese in NZ. Does anyone know if we still have these? I haven't previously come across mention of these anywhere, nor can I find any more recent mentions (even on the rare breeds site - I fear they may be an extinct breed here).

I'd like to get geese in a few months and Embden particularly, sounds great, all the more so if I'm helping preserve a very very rare breed.

Thanks
5 acres, southdownXromneys (3 ewes, a wether & a ewe lamb, 1 hogget for xmas dinner), boerXkikos (2 does and their wether and doe kids), silkies (black pullet, gold hen, white roo), light sussex (hen, pullet, cockerel), muscovies (2 blue/gray hens, a black and white drake, a couple of ducklings with hopefully more on the way soon) and pekin ducks (3 hens, 1 drake, and 5 ducklings under the sussex hen), 60-odd new fruit/nut trees and a few very small fodder trees coming along slowly, 1 little boy, 1 husband, and 3 moggy cats.
TandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 09:22 PM   #2
buzz
advanced member

Re: Geese

i sold some toulouse geese about five years ago.one set went to waitarere beach and the others went to omaru.nz geese are fairly crossbred.
buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Taiamai Corker
advanced member

Taiamai here just wondering if you did find any Toulouse or embden geese ?
Taiamai Corker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2013, 10:00 AM   #4
Inger
Rare Breeds Matchmaker

TandS, there is a water fowl breeder in Blenheim who may have what you're looking for, or know of some breeders. Email me for the contact details. I can't post them on an open forum.
Inger is offline   Reply With Quote