Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pig worm drench?

Pig worm drench? 25 Aug 2013 12:58 #35809

• Anne
  • valued contributor
Any suggestions as to what to use? Will talk with vet tomorrow, but ideas from those who know are also useful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pig worm drench? 25 Aug 2013 16:26 #468522

• Stu_R
  • valued contributor
Easiest to administer and works perfectly is Flubenol ( its actually a chicken wormer ) is licensed for pigs and the dose rate is 1 gram Flubenol for every 20kg of piggy weight ... get a bread roll or a bun , butter it so the flubenol powder sticks put it together like a sandwich and give to piggy .. its gone in 1 bite :)
Totally Vets here in Feilding will sell it in small does and its not expensive
Your Vet may try and say it has toi be so much Flubenolk on so much feed over so many days .. it doesn't ( Sandy at the vets here and i found the 1 off dose in a manual ) it is 1 gram per 20kg .. i have been use it on my piggies for a few years now and it works perfectly :)
5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Pig worm drench? 25 Aug 2013 16:40 #468524

I use ivomec injectable, does everything inside and out. I just sneak up while they have their face in the trough and jab ib the soft area behind the ear, done for everthihg, worms, lice, mites - the lot.
kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

Pig worm drench? 27 Aug 2013 13:21 #468679

• Inger
  • valued contributor
  • Thank you received: 8
And if they really don't like being stuck in the neck, you can pour it over the soft skin behind the ear (according to one of our vets). It seemed to work. The dosage was the same as you would use for injecting. I would still try to inject the Ivomec though, as a preference. But one of our sows just wouldn't let me and since she was 250+ kg at the time and heavily pregnant, I was forced to agree. ;)
135 acres in Bay of Islands, including around 90 acres of Native Bush.
13 Dexter cows,
4 heifers & 3 bulls.
New Hampshire Red poultry & Dorking poultry.
Pilgrim Geese, Appleyard Ducks.
Gotland Sheep and Polled Wiltshire Sheep.
LOTS of wild birds incl. 10 Kiwi and lots of Weka. We also have frogs and a Heading Dog called Lad.
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds
Go to top